1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Anger is rising.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Orvis, May 25, 2008.

1. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I understand that but at some point if people stop buying and there is a large drop in demand the price will have to stop increasing as well. They continue to drive the price up because we continue to pay it.

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

Oh, and I call it climate change just to piss off the panic stricken tree huggers. :p

3. Blood Shot

Blood Shot Banned

I think everyone is driving less, it's only a matter time that some people (underprivileged) will stop driving all together.

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Thats unfortunate in the short term however it will bring about change in the way we do things in the US. Hopefully it makes people start using public transportation (where available) and developing more affordable means of transportation.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The "where available" is the biggest obstacle once out of the old metro areas.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Add when available to that as well. Service is not 24/7 in many cities.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That's an easier problem to solve than retrofitting mass-transit (other than busses) in existing cities. And, the urban sprawl grackle is coming to roost.

8. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Which is also unfortunate. I live in a college town of about 80,000 (40,000 are students) and we have a pretty damn good bus system. All the buses run on natural gas and are only about $1.50/ride or a monthly pass. It would be great if some other areas could adopt something similar.

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

That seems to be the fundamental problem. I'd much rather live downtown even though it means a smaller lot, unless it isn't safe.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Unfortunately in many urban cities safety is a problem. In areas where it is not, gentrification has priced housing well beyond affordable for many.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Proletariat of the World- Unite!
    Strike down the Landlords!
    Smash the Neo-Conservatives!

The history of all civilization is the history of class struggles.

This current topic is nothing more than an example of the
    naked, shameless, brutal exploitation of the working class.

Political power is merely the organized power of one class
    for oppressing another.

My organization- The Free and Simple People's League-
    will do away with all bullshit manifestations of ruthless
    power grabs. Free food for all, at a reasonable cost.
    Gas will flow from the pumps. Fear no more!

12. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

And you're not just the president..? :D

13. charles

charles The Transporter

Robert... let this glide, my man..
    you're in on the deal when the proletariat rise up
    and throw off their shackles...life could be sweet
    up there as Canadian 'Minister in Charge'.

When the enemy retreats, we advance.
    When the enemy advances, we retreat.

"You can't stop what's comin'..."

14. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

they can continue to drive up the price because there is no oversight. When has deregulation ever been good for anyone other than the deregulated?

15. Blood Shot

Blood Shot Banned

:bow: :bow: :bow:

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

sorry to sound like a nut here but.....

we will survive this energy crises. we may drastically change our lives but wwIII wont happen over this.

however, once the battle for water starts (its coming) you will cut your neighbors throat for a drink.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yuppers. When Rainwater started gettin' the Bass boys into water, I started payin' attention.

18. Blood Shot

Blood Shot Banned

Y'all need to move out of desert and go north. :)

I think I'll open a bottling business next to Lake Michigan.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Georgia and Florida are already at it. Florida because the population is close to or past the level existing resources can support. Atlanta has the same problems so they are looking at piping water in from other watersheds. Problem is, the people in those other areas (Augusta and Savannah) are not all that thrilled with losing their water.

There was an article in our local paper yesterday about utilities raising rates because of conservation measures. Seems the lower use has dropped revenues to the point where they are operating at a loss.

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Georgia is arguing the state line with TN right now. Claiming that the line separating the two is not correct and it is keeping water from Georgia. I'm not sure how that little dispute is going. Haven't heard much about it lately. Didn't hear anything about it until I spent a week in Georgia.