1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by nikponcherello, May 18, 2008.

1. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

I couldn't find a thread already. Anyone?
    How did Saturday go?

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

it went pretty good.

:D

3. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

it went real good for kovz... Jaeger Bombs! Protein!

4. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

not now chief. im in the zone!

me and canadian bacon got all jacked up on jager then went and started shit over on the moto-X side :D

5. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

crazy fockers! get my pix from today up! i wanna see!!! oh and i still got clothes for ya

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

im going to bed...

saturdays stuff is uploading to the site right now... ill do sunday in the morning.

7. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

haha, aight big guy. i'm gonna be bored for a couple days

8. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

I get a voicemail update from Eddie Kraft. And I'm listening to it with the phone on speaker and my wife is right next to me. At some point he says; "We were just talking about you, having a beer in the shower."

Now, my wife wants to know why these guys were all in the shower together having beer and discussing me.
    Ed, do you have an explination for this?

Ha. I knew what you meant of course. (Last year, after a day at the track, I used to take a beer into the shower with me. It's about the most relaxing way to have cold beer is in a hot shower. In the absence of a hot tub anyway). The guys kinda laughed at me when they'd see me walk into the bathroom with a fresh beer all of the time. But you should've seen Joy's face when the message played. For a second she wondered what was going on a the race weekends.

I still haven't see mylaps updates. How did Joe do at home?

9. EJ999

EJ999 Well-Known Member

Joe Kraft won!!

Got a text from Joe last night that he won. He's off to great start this year!!:beer:

10. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

He ran a mid 26 I think in his last race. Flying!!

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Niko - here's the update. The guy who bought your bike now has a second bike. I think yours is now the "B" bike. Yes we were talking about beers in the shower, but not together in the shower.

He/Joe/my dad was rolling. In his second weekend back since retiring in 2004, he was doing 26's out there on the SV. He looked great. I'm biased of course.

Dave (Grey) raced the R6 and did a phenomenal job. Low 23's on someone else's bike riding extremely smart and grabbing a 5th and a couple 8th places - after starting from the back of the grid in each race. The strong competition during the weekend wasn't your typical regional event. Lots of fast guys and I couldn't be happier with the job Dave, Doug and my dad did and the fun we had. Thanks also to Doug, Richard and Garry who were big helps as well during the weekend. Personally I couldn't have scripted much better of a weekend; especially considering I could only to spectate.

Bob (Watson) kept the streak alive of having some kind of mechanical problem with his 450. Dammit Bob. :D

I think Billy won most improved for the weekend and was moving out there. Agnes was hurt and trying to ride, which had to be a tough job. Jonas and Brent were flying of course, while JB rode really well also. Flis and Slaw had a good little battle in the HW Twins race which was fun to watch. Chris Knight came in each day right before the race and would hop on the bike and ride, eventually getting into the 22's I believe. Great ride by him as well.

I feel really bad for what happened to Drew. Hope you heal up man and try to keep a level head. Going through a crash is always tough - especially when it's not your fault. Racing's easy when you're doing well, but getting through the times when it isn't is what separates the ones who stay and succeed from the ones who don't. Hope you heal up quick and are back out there before long.

12. Great time had by all, well maybe except Drew, heal up quick. Chris Knigth was in form as Eddie said, working on the bike at the track, no practice, etc... Dave did a great job and accomplished what he set out to do. Billy Stranahan, even with stopping at the flag stand for a corn dog and eating donuts that he stashed inside his leathers rode great.

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

They serve corndaWgs at the turn six corner station? I thought they did fried chicken? I thought it was the bus stop that did corndogs ...

14. EJ999

EJ999 Well-Known Member

Damn, you guys had too much fun without me. Wish I had been there.

15. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

Thanks for the great update. Joe has the fastest calves in the paddock. Nice work!!
    Way to go Dave.
    Drew, that sucks. Just saw the picks in the other thread. Sorry to hear it, you and Eddie can race to see who heals faster.

16. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

What an outstanding WERA NC weekend. It didn't even rain!

I've got to hand it to Dave Gray.... outstanding riding on someone elses bike. Especially a bike that gets new paint dabbed on microscopic scratches by a one armed neat freak. I had to turn away so I didn't laugh at Eddie. :bow: Dave had 2 speeds this past weekend - pit speed and "hit it hard" race speed - nothing in between. He let Joe and I know what he felt the bike was doing and we dialed it in for him. It was a pleasure watching him "attack" each corner, every practice session and race on Eddie's R6. Way to ride smart and fast Dave.

Joe was full of surprises this weekend. He rolls in after the Solo 20 on Saturday and literally falls off the bike complaining how hard Grattan is compared to Nashville. Really, ya think? In his subtle way, Joe lets on that his SV is a handfull through the "texture" of Grattan's corners. After thinking on it, mulling over the possibilities and consulting Gerry, we make some changes to the suspension pre-races on Sunday. It pays off as he drops into the low 26's to stay ahead of a Ducati that was applying constant pressure. Looks like the Joe and his SV story will be getting more and more interesting.

Eddie is trying to be a good team manager but I've got to say it is not his best career move. It was very obvious how hard it was for him to be watching and not racing out front with his fellow competitors. The guy has desire in spades.

It was also good to see so many ex-GLRRA faces. Nice to see the racing fires still burn after all the miles.

17. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to get back up there and ride Grattan for the WERA National:up:
    Grattan was the first race track I rode on back in the day and the insanity has never stopped :D

18. Some people on the inside will get this...

[​IMG]

19. DevDoc

DevDoc Racing against MS

Now that's funny:D

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's priceless. I wish we could name names. :D