Gixxer 600 and 750 fuel pump q

Discussion in 'Tech' started by upnadam, May 17, 2008.

1. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

Does anyone know if the pumps for the 600 and 750 are the same? I have a 750, but picked up a tank/cowl/pump off ebay to throw on with the track plastics. Haven't run the bike yet, but got to thinking does the 600 fuel pump pump less fuel (volume) because of the smaller displacement engine than the 750 one would? Or do the pumps supply more more than is needed and they are interchangeable? Thanks.

2. gix

gix jigga who?

i can sorta answer that. i have an 01 gsxr 600 and an 00-03 750 fuel pump is the same...part number and all. you didnt mention what year your bike is...so thats why i can only sorta answer it =)

3. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

Oh yeah it is a 2006 750 and I have the tank/pump from an 07 600. Anybody with a second opinion to confirm? Thanks Gix.

4. gix

gix jigga who?

i have a second opinion....same part number for the 06 750 pump and 07 600 pump. you can confirm this by going to ronayers.com . go to oem parts > microfiche and put in the make year and model and you can see the part numbers should both be 15100-01H00-E00

hope this helps

edit:

here are links right to the parts

06 750 - click me

07 600 - click me

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  5. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

Running a600 pump in my 750 now.It works :up:

6. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

Much appreciated guys. :beer:

7. User Error

User Error Issue caused by the User!

Update... the 01-03's are a bit differant... they will all work on a race bike... since you guys don't use the gas light... but 00-01 used a pump and 02-03 used a differant pump... well differant wiring... one had three wires one had 4 it causes the gas light to either not work at all or stay on all the time if you put the wrong pump in the wrong year... but on the pump itself they both pump equal fuel... for that matter using the wrong year guages can cause the same issue...

8. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

Funny you should post that. Just took the bike out with the 600 tank/pump and I had the flashing fuel light the whole time and I know I have at least 3/4 tank. Gonna have to block the light off somehow so I don't see it.

9. User Error

User Error Issue caused by the User!

pull the guages.. take the screws out of the back... and you can pull them apart and remove the bulb...

10. gix

gix jigga who?

im not sure with his years (06 and 07) why it would trip the fuel light. thet are the same part number. there shouldnt be any extra wires or anything like that.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

black electrical tape:up:

12. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

After all it didn't. I misjudged the amount of fuel I hand pumped (kerosene type bulb pump) from tank to tank. Topped it off last night in preparation for the trackday and the light is off. Operator error! Thanks for all the other good advice.