1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Eddie!

Discussion in 'General' started by racer919, May 5, 2008.

1. racer919

racer919 Still slow...

How's the shoulder doing?

2. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Spoke to Eddie yesterday on the phone:

He had surgery this past Friday to plate his collarbone. He's on pain meds but on the mend. He said his discomfort is better now that it was repaired.

I'll let him chime in when he's up to it.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I was real fortunate to get into surgery this past Friday with a very good surgeon. The collarbone was broken in 6 places and I guess I was in surgery for 2.5+ hours. The mess was fixed and plated up, x-rayed after the surgery and is said to be ready to heal.

I'd like to think my tolerance for pain is pretty good, but without the good pain meds, this thing feels less than stellar. At least everything is in the right place now though - unlike before the surgery. It was a weird, something-isn't-right kind of pain.

Initially I was going to have to wait at least another week to get into surgery with anyone who wanted to deal with a break like this (which I couldn't imagine doing). It was kind of funny that when I mentioned I was a "professional motorcycle racer", I was able to get in much quicker.

I'm still not sure how the shoulder is compared to the collarbone in terms of injury. I've got some pictures I'll post on the web site later today which are kind of "fun" to look at.

Thanks for the concern though Ron. I'll be at Grattan watching for sure.

4. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

Just broke my wrist in 3 places, looking at surgery now as well. Who said Supermoto was safer? Oh well, Heal up quick Edwardo!!!

5. Glad your surgery went ok Eddie. Hopefully I'll see you at Grattan.

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

at least you got someone that understands athletes and sports injuries and wont tell you to stay off motorcycles

cya at grattan :)

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Well I still got that several times. This guy is the team doctor for the Tigers, and has been for the Lakes and LA Kings as well - so it's a different kind of "sport". He still was pretty cool though. :)

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

People named Eddie are assholes....I should know! :D

Heal up!:up:

9. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

Glad the surgery went well.

Hopefully I'll get to meet Maggie at Grattan.

Take care.

Michelle

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Good to hear Eddie! :up:

11. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Get well soon Eddie. Bring the x-rays to Grattan we'll compare who's break was worse. :rock:

12. lil_bit

lil_bit Member

I happy to hear that you are doing well, see you at Gratten.

13. steven_george88

steven_george88 Well-Known Member

Glad you could get in to surgery quickly, and glad things went well. Hope you heal up soon. Do you know any details on your shoulder? Did you really damage it more this time, or just bang it up a bit?

Most of all, I hope this isn't going to affect the quality of work you do on your dads bike! :Poke:

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

No details on the shoulder. I hope it's just banged up, but it's kind of hard to decipher the pain at the moment.

Right now I'm not doing any work on any bikes unfortunately ..