1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greg White calling the races???

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Other than what they have now...yeah, and I liked his work before I knew him...or Ski, sorry but no need for the popcorn..:)

I really don't care who they get as long as they do a BETTER Job.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Dream team is Drebber, Ski and GW.

I think GW is doing a good job and will get better.

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Doing 'play-by-play' is a very specific skill, and for a new guy I think Greg is doing a great job. He is knowledgeable about racing, does a great job of engaging the color guy, and he'll get better and better with calling the race as he gains experience. I think that by this time next year he'll be really good, and I hope they keep him on.

4. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

+1 of the wsbk guys. I love listening to that dude that calls the races.

5. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

:stupid:
    Give ole G-Dub a chance...at least he is bringing some kind of exitement to the commentary like the eurosport guys do:up:

6. LiveLikeYrDyin

LiveLikeYrDyin Well-Known Member

I think Greg White is doing a great job! I always liked Drebber and Ski and I have to say Greg is definitely the best since Dreb and Ski. I hope they keep him.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Can you teach him the proper Queens English and work with him till he gets the accent right??? Now that would be COOL>>>>:D You have to teach him the proper "Slang" too....."I'm bloody gobsmacked"

8. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

At least GW not doing that godawful Two Wheel Tuesday show .

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

GW sounded much better this week. Guess it helped having 4 races having a TOTAL margin of victory of less than 3 tenths of a second. Brice sounded better, but, still needs a lot of work. Not sure of the technical term, but, that transition between the riders answer to his (better this week) questions and sending it back to the booth is painful to listen to.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  10. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

Hey!!! theres a thought........maybe they need ME in the booth....... bunch o pillocks right thar:D

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Somehow I think it would end up sounding like the Beatles #9 with a slight modification...

#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2#2..........:beer:

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

It think it's getting better. There were 2 moments that made me chuckle:

1. Whenever GW introduces Freddie at the beginning, he looks at him with the gheyist of ghey looks. [​IMG]

2. The guy on the grid interviewing Bostrom, leaving the super-awkward silence at the end. Finally Bostrom throws his arms up and says, "Well, what else is there to say." :crackup:

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

When GW introduced Freddie as a "3-time World Champion", Freddie grinned a little Gomer-esque grin, and then proceeded to hog the mic. GW couldn't get a word in. I'm with Racedad. Get Dreb and Ski back to do the commentary. They were the best in the US.

14. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

none of them other than drebber knows how to avoid awkward pauses and open ended sentences.Gw is def better to listen to with his excitement but still awkward .

"he also likes to rockclimb" in reference to b-boz .Those 30 seconds going on about his leathers and if he likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain was very weird and hit the brakes on the telecast.

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

do you think there's something in a contract somewhere that states that they have to introduce freddie as '3-time world champ...'?

16. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I love how they stand so unnaturally close to each other.....you know they love it;)

Honestly, it makes want the job. I know I could do a fine job commenating on these races. :p

c'mon, an english, paraplegic, ex-ama racer, with proven dvd fame??? Gotta be worth something...and get me outta working in an office....:up: :D

plllllleeeeaseeee Speed???

17. 999

999 Well-Known Member

I know, and I agree. ;)

I've never met him, but Dreb is cool & I wish he was my neighbor.

18. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

I've said it a thousand times before and I'll say it again. Get the Eurosport MotoGP feed, listen to Moody, Ryder and Mamola, then listen to the crew that SPEED has calling AMA roadracing. Those three could show up BOMBED after an all night bender and still kick their ass in the booth. I've heard better play by play and color listening to Wayne State University basketball games.

19. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

Speaking of standing close together... Skip should offer the riders a mic during the cyclespace interviews cuz he gets a lil close too, lol...

20. racer919

racer919 Still slow...

White was a lot better in the booth than on the grid and better than the last guy at redirecting Freddie.

I agree with some of the other folks her that the guy who took over for GW doing the grid interviews was terrible. It was almost painful to watch.

All that said, the supersport race was a good one!