1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT!!! No Wendy's?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Apr 24, 2008.

1. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Per the press release, both Arby's and Wendys will be maintained as separate brands with their own corporate headquarters. Wendys isn't going anywhere, but they'll probably never be the same, which might be good and bad. Sales have been slumping for years. I worked at the Wendys corporate office for 5 years and left two years ago to avoid cost cutting measures which included a reduction in workforce by about 260 corporate employees. I've since spun myself off with Tim Hortons, but still keep in close contact with friends at Wendys, some of which race with WERA.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

They killed it when they stopped putting worms in the burger meat, then the burgers didn't need "plenty of napkins" napkins anymore. Where's the beef, indeed?

:D

3. Hutch

Hutch Member

There's a Roy's on MD Rt. 118 in Germantown and one on MD Rt. 85 in Frederick.

Both are not far off of the I-270...

Gold Rush FTW!

4. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

mmm I hope they keep the chili with extra finger flavor too!!!!

5. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

There is only ONE frosty, last time I got to the window and ordered a frosty, I was met with "what flavor" I responded with "frosty you idiot" It was a sad day when they started serving vanilla ice cream. I am a fan of chili too.

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

If I could buy the perfect greasy spoon meal..

1 Large Rally's/Checker's fry
    1 Wendy's triple cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoe, pickle, ketchup
    1 McDonald's apple pie
    1 Arby's jamocha shake

oh, and one triple ply roll of extra soft Charmin with aloe.

7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I agree! Those are hideous!! :Puke: The Burger King commercials are right there with it! :Puke:

8. Be Evil

Be Evil The soft dawn of pum

Sonic is indeed the best fast food restraunt of all time. They dont hire fat ugly broads.... Food dont matter, just look like your eating healthy or look like you regret buying a burger.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Sonic has tots. Tots kick ass. That is all.

10. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

Everytime I go in there I feel like i am joining a cult.. The employees look like they all came off that compound in texas.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Roy Rogers Roast Beast...mmmm.

Haven't had one since they closed the stores in Raleigh and Greensboro 20 or 30 years ago.

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

for me, it's the fix'in's bar the sets it apart! All that yummy mayo, onions, tomatoes, pcikles and such... mmmmmmmm

13. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Roy Rodgers Gold Rush Chicken!!!!

The perfect beginning to a night of drinking in college! 2 of those delectable sandwiches, each followed by a Mickeys 40oz, watching Run Tell Dat with friends...... Good times, I hate being old.

Sorry, back to the discussion

14. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I thought that Roy Rogers sort of merged with Arby's? I do remember back in the days going to RR and then later going back to some of the same stores later called Arby's and the food was the same.

I think the biggest difference I like about Roy Rogers was the BBQ sauce at the fixin bar.

But, the Bugers always gave me Bubble Gutz. :Puke: Ah, child hood memories.

15. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Thats right.
    When ever Cannon39 and I load up the Trusty Trailer we stop by their to get gas, and a Roys Burger...in essence more gas. Haaa Haaaaa

That makes for a fumigating trip. :wow:

Those are the only Roy's I know of.
    I think their is one off of 70 going to Beaver Run.

16. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

Arbys has tried everything to remain in biz... They have added a dozen items to the menu over the past few years.. Simple fact is they are just to expensive for fast food.... I dont want to pay 9 bucks to eat a combo there when I can eat at Wendy's for 4.69...... So if they didnt do something to this affect, I have a hunch Arby's would be a thing of the past real soon.... Hell all that was worth buying and not having to finance it at 6% is the 5 for 5.55 deal....

Now 1st thing up: Bring back my Big Bacon classic combo (That double heart attack bacon thing will kill ya) :up: