1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how many people around here don't race?

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Raced a little bit of CCS back in ye olde days (late 80's-early 90's)... Just started doing track days for the past year or two... Even slower than I was when I raced, which was pretty slow! :eek:

Don't think I really have the dedication at this point in my life to race again, but it's still fun to get out on the track.

I'm mostly a big motorcycle roadracing fan. I came here to find a trackday bike and some related info, and stayed for the entertainment. :Pop:

Racing folks are still the best, so it's nice to hang around, even if not an active racer.

2. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Raced flat track in the 70s.
    Did track days 2005-2007.
    I think I would race again if they had Formula 50. :D

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Mmmmmmhhhhmmmmmm...

4. chris218

chris218 Say when................

!st race

I'm waiting for Diet to get me some warmers, then I'll race. Other than the warmers, I'm ready to race to not be in last place:up:

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, but I've seen it on the TeeVee.

6. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

I grid up with the hope that I'll have the chance to race with someone somewhere between my start and finish. Being a slow expert in classes with small grids sucks! :D

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Problem with 40+ is the fast guys got old too!

8. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

Wow, it's funny how many folk aren't racing. Honestly, if your not racing, or are a spouse or fan, you should be working.

Even for club racing, it takes a shit load of people to put on an event. Every thing from Race Control to Crash Pickup requires people. If you raced years ago and feel you don't need to pay back,,,, good for you, your awsome. If you get a minute, could you sign my T-Shirt ???

Come on, I bet even Canoli would give you free meat for volunteering.

Corner Work, it's a good thing...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:wow:

10. A_Town17

A_Town17 Addicted

Hope to race one day. Just tryin to learn what I can until I'm fast and rich enough.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Haven't raced since `97. Liked the folks I met when I was racing. Same reason I tolerate the folks here.

12. LBF

LBF Hearse Driver

Track Bike

I found this BBS while looking for a track bike, and I hang around because the off-season "drama" is less infuriating than the FZ1OA board... Still looking for a track bike, BTW. Of course I have no money, but that's a different issue.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thats for sure..... I guess Todd Clark is the exception....

JK Toodles....:Poke:

14. Denver333

Denver333 Member

Working toward it.

I really, really, want to race. I'm tring to do it right though. I did about 4 track days, and 1 code school last year. I'll do ten to 12 track days and a race school this year. Then hopefuly in 09 be ready to race.

15. rick burdick

rick burdick Rick122

I raced from the early 80s till 91. Mostly aamrr-lrrs.Went WERA endurance racing from 89-91.I come on here because no matter how long you have been away,your ALWAYS a racer.Plus you guys are very amusing!!:)

16. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

retired for now... gonna wait a few years and come back as a novice :)

17. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Raced with WERA from 1985 to 1999 - 15 seasons.

Then began a series of downsizings, making racing economically unattractive... :mad:

I do have my Lifetime membership though.... :beer:

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Don't trash talk me, you Freak! At least I never willingly spent six months under water in a giant metal tube just to be with some seamen.

19. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

Hey now!
    Don't make fun of my Dad like that!:p

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Ouch!:p