Why do you hate Danibot?

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxernaut, Apr 1, 2008.

?

Why do you hate Dani?

1. He's a whining excuse-maker.

27 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. He reminds me too much of DaveK.

21 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. He elbowed Max Biaggi off the track once.

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. I'm a lemming and hate him because everyone else seems to.

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. Other (please elaborate in a post)

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You cold try it. Of course the online rulebook isn't the final say in any matter anyway so it wouldn't help.

But seriously, the sources you mentioned other than MotoGP.com don't have the greatest reputation for fact checking.

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I have a good story about this.

I was at the Laguna GP last year, and during qualifying, I sat next to some Italians who flew in to watch the race. I asked them if Italy hates Pedrosa. I explained that no one here likes him at all. They said that it was the same there because he lacks emotion (they were Italian remember). I told them that we call him Pedrobot and they got really confused. (they barely spoke english) After spending several minutes explaining what a robot was, and that we think he's a robot programmed by Honda, they thought it was hilarious!

So, it may be universal. (except for Spain)

3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

You got my point though. I dont take it for 100% bible truth fact, but have some semblance of truth basis.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have read those websites too. I know for a fact that Soup and Crash are not above posting complete fabrication. Sometimes to give the illusion of having a scoop, sometimes in their haste to be the first to post something. It's always funny when you read something online, and then find out from the person the story was written about that reality is quite different.

Anyway, I have on occasion spent a few hours talking about racing in my apartment with one of two friends who work at Eurosport and spend a lot of time in the paddock. Even when they tell me something, I take as possibly being slanted unless they tell me the interviewed the person we are discussing at the time.

5. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

Because I can

6. WSMC34

WSMC34 Well-Known Member

7. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Because he has small Gypsy hands.

8. murf

murf Well-Known Member

Not sure where he got shafted in the first 3 years?
    If Hayden was the development rider in 2006 and they were also testing for the 2007 800's, then where did that bike go? I remember all the complaining about the development taking away from his championship hunt......if he doesn't want to develop it wouldn't you give the development duties to someone that wants them.......that would be Pedrosa and the bike built for him. There ya go. Where you mention that in 2007 Hayden got some more development parts and got a string of podiums, who developed those parts?Pedrosa has insulted Haydens development abilities btw.

9. got40

got40 On hiatus...

+1. He's a fantastic rider, but i think he's doomed to be the biaggi to stoner's rossi. biaggi wasn't short on talent when he was in motogp either. maybe he just sounds like an idiot in the paper.

and i still haven't gotten over biaggi taking out haga last year.

10. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Small hands, smells like cabbage - circus folk you know.

11. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Wish I'd have thought to add the following option to the poll:

[ ] Because his ignorance is blinding.

12. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the fact that he's won 3 out of the last 11 races is of no importance. In other words... he's won as many races as his Teammate Nick Hayden has won in his whole career.

And that is why American knuckleheads hate Dani Pedrosa.

13. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Yeah, what he said.

14. Evil Dave K

Evil Dave K Well-Known Member

I Don't hate him, I actually don't care enough about him to actually want to know him.

Just like print, MotoGP is dead.

15. SalKhan

SalKhan Well-Known Member

The only thing that can make him worse is a lollipop.

I'm talking to you Gorgeous George.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of his "personality" stems from his height. I don't think we're going to see Dani-boy hop off his bike during the victory lap to do any burnouts since you won't be able to see him over gas tank. Ghost ride the MotoGP yo!

I had a Rossi vs Pedrosa personality discussion with a friend of mine after the race. Even though, from general memory, Rossi may have pulled some stunts that were less than desirable in the past, it's almost hard to not love the guy. His interviews, his interaction with everyone... at least whatever I see on TV. Of particular humor to me was the Spanish dignitary when at the podium (can't remember who it was) seemed to want to spend a little more time with Rossi than Pedrosa. :D

16. nig

nig Well-Known Member

I just think the guy lacks personality. Different people appreciate different traits, that's why some people find Rossi likeable and others don't (reminds them of the guy that their wife ran away with :D). Some people gravitate towards Hayden because he's the kind of guy you'd want your daughter to date. Besides people who like him because he's Spanish, I don't think Pedrosa appeals to many on a personal level. He sure can ride a bike.

Personally I was pretty apathetic, but when he rammed Nicky it turned into dislike, that was bullshit. My feelings are not as strong as many people though, it actually pains me that I have to stand up for shrimp sometimes. The hate gets ridiculous.

17. Evil Dave K

Evil Dave K Well-Known Member

Quit harshing on the short. We're people too.

18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Where'd you get this from? Dennis Noyes?

I hate him because he looks like Bob McKenzie and prolly drank all of Mongo's beer! :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Puig and Rasputin. Coincidence? YOU BE THE JUDGE! (Just doing my part to add to this thread! :p )

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Take off, eh! Hoser!

Someone mentioned Jorge Lorenzo a minute ago and I want to comment on that...

I think Lorenzo is going to make me really enjoy MotoGP... The guy is so over the top obnoxious and his feud with Pedrosa may have high entertainment value once he gets comfortable enough to be "himself" in the premiere class... I can't wait... :D

I'd love it if MotoGP could get some drama/personality in the paddock, a la NASCAR... Lorenzo seems like the perfect guy to liven things up a bit - kind of flamboyant... Rossi was that guy for a while, but no one else could hold a candle to him, so it got boring... But things seem different now, in that regard...