1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 CBR600rr Bank angle sensor

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Denver333, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Denver333

Denver333 Member

Does anybody know how to disable the bank angle sensor on a 2007 CBR600rr?

2. kdsmith21

kdsmith21 Well-Known Member

'03 600rr bypass

It should be pretty much the same design as my '03 600rr which I just bypassed last week. There are 3 wires in the tip-sensor plug. I used a paperclip to "test" it. Bend it in the shape of a "u" and stick each end in the plug where the OUTER wires are. If your bike will crank, then you know this works (did for me). I then had my Honda service guy place a bypass clip on these 2 wires "looping" them together. The clip he used basically "piggy-backs" these 2 wires together. No cutting / splicing. Took like 10 seconds to make the loop. Hope this helps.....:up:

void where prohibited, not available in all states.......(my personal disclaimer)

3. Denver333

Denver333 Member

Thanks. Looks like that worked!

4. dach4676

dach4676 Well-Known Member

its not a good idea to just disable it, if you crash on a carb bike and the throttle gets stuck open it will just stall out, on FI bikes the bike will run even tipped over, so if you crash and the throttle gets stuck open, it will just free rev and blow your motor. I have heard of guys doing crazy things like filling them with some sort of thick fluid to slow down the internals of the tip over sensor.

Why do you want to remove it? I have an 06 (which uses the same sensor) and I have never had it cut out while cornering or anything.

5. kdsmith21

kdsmith21 Well-Known Member

Mine was bypassed due to my tipsensor dissappearing during collision with a friggin drunk driver. Seriously, looked all around crash site but tip sensor was gone... kinda wish it would have went through the truck and into the head of the drunk (Not that i'm bitter or anything). Agree, it's not plan "A", but didn't want to pay 100 or so bucks for something I could do for free.

6. Denver333

Denver333 Member

I was told it was a good idea. I guess I got bad advice.

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I bypassed mine because I went with race fairings and didn't want to go through all the trouble relocating it.

8. bkkruser

bkkruser Well-Known Member

very bad advise. why is there a tip sensor?1 when the bike falls over it shuts off right. this protects the motor. more important it protects you.you have no idea where you are going to be when you tipover but you can imagine the damage to you, of a bike with wot, chain and tire spinning across you,could do to you.have seen sveral riders with there bikes on top of them after a crash. that hurts enough dont compound the problem. as far as weight savings. take a piss before you ride.same approx weight.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yep, very bad advice. It's not that hard to reposition the device. Not a good plan to disable it.

10. Denver333

Denver333 Member

I'm an idiot

...and yes if explained the right way I would jump off a bridge.

11. Denver333

Denver333 Member

R & D

I highsided at turn 4 at tally this past weekend. When the front brake reservoir hit the kill switch the bike turned off just fine. So as long as I always crash with the bike upside down... no problem.

12. bkkruser

bkkruser Well-Known Member

lmao. who would have thought of the old upside down bank shot to the kill switch. shut off techque.hope your ok. not to much damage on the bike i hope. now fix that bank sensor,the bike was pissed at you for playing with it and look what happened tossed you right off.ponies get pissed when there played with you know