1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to own a tuono....?

Discussion in 'General' started by jigmoore, Mar 9, 2008.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Ya, is that thing a piece of work or what? Did you get to sit on it? If no, let me advise you not to do so, because if you do, you will want to buy one. Real bad.

2. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

you are the funniest fugger on here....

you just told me that the bike i'm lusting after looks like an 40 year veteran on the mexican whore pro tour....and i'm laughing my ass of about it as i read it.

get yer ass up here to grattan or road america. let's ride then drink til we puke.

3. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

Tuono? There is no substitute...................

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I may do a Grattan WERA round this season...still haven't quite worked out the scheduling. Oh, and if you buy a Tuono you have to let me ride it.

(at night)

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Mark was chasin' me on that damned Tuono all day down at Mid-Ohio last summer.

Respect the Tuono.

6. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

Yours is the only one I've been around. Don't know if you remember, we tagged around a bit together at Barber a couple years ago...you were on the tuono and i was on an '03 FZ1...i know i just couldn't carry the corner speed on the fz1 as you were on the tuono...i could catch you a bit on corner exit (acceleration) and closed up only a small amount on brakes....but you just had soooo much more corner clearance and traction (i also assumed you were on race rubber, while i was on street rubber)....and probably 50 pounds lighter (and i'm not disclosing how much of that is my fat ass vs the bike's fat ass)....you just kept inching away....corner by corner.

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Did your tire spin on the rim too?

8. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

yes, as a matter of fact....and my arm was sore....and i believe i hadn't eaten enough that day....and i had the sniffles, too.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

+1

I had no desire to own that bike until I saw it in person and sat on it. I can't stop thinking about it now.

11. jtc89

jtc89 Member

I don't post much at all. Just read and laugh a lot. However the Tuono inquiry got to me. I have had an 07 R for a year. It is the most fun I've had ever on a street bike. It is comfortable, handles unbieveablely an is real world fase. Not like a GSXR1k, but fast. Also it is a v-twin and the rumble and snarl of the Akras really add to the experience. As has been mentioned, AF1 Racing in Texas is the place for info and parts. Go to af1racing.com.

12. dlafz1

dlafz1 Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the current generation. I own a 2004. Will it be hard to get rid of? Probably. Did it hold its value. Not even close. Was it worth it. Yep.

I went from an FZ to a Tuono and loved it.

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Buy it. You won't regret it. Aprilia's are way cool. I love it when the Harley set asks me "Aprilia, who makes that?". I basically bitch slap them when I reply very sarcastically Aprilia! Like they are some kind of idiot. Well, actually they are idiots!!!

14. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I"ve got an 05 Tuono and it's the best streetbike I've ever owned. I'm expecting it to likely be the best "do it all" bike I've ever ridden though I haven't actually taken it to the track yet. Parts are hard to find though and kinda pricey. I'd recommend it to anyone :up: