1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brand new YSR50 race tires for sale

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by JurgenW, Jul 17, 2002.

1. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

2. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Dunlops or IRCs? Thanks
    Merle

3. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

We got them from Team Calamari, that's what they've been using quite successfully.

MBR Douze

100/90 x 12 front MBR-740
    120/80 x 12 rear MBR-740

If I remember right, we paid about $200/set. Nicky used to race his YSR with the CMRA and had really good luck with these tires. I bought three sets but they don't wear out as big bike tires so we have one brand new one left.

Interested?

4. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

Just when I thought the YSR world had crumbled and gone to mini-motard. Thanks for giving me hope for riding with the good ole boys when I finish my evil project, Merle.:)

5. merle4

Tim, I still have my lil ol' superbike ysr. I do like Tom's motard, though. We've endurance raced it twice, and it's more forgiving than a ysr w/ an 80 in it. And it handles WAY better than it has a right to. Tom's done a hell of a job w/ that thing. I'd build one if I had the cash.....but the tax man kinda whooped up on me this year. You can build one for the same $ as building a ysr 80, and you can put MUCH better tires under the thing, and it crashes w/ less damage,too.
    Merle

6. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

You guys keep this up and I will come out of the 125 world for a weekend... Then you know it will all go down hill..

7. merle4

Bring it on, old man. The national is Sept 6-7 somewhere in NY, between Syracuse and Batavia. We'd love to see you come out and play, give us some redemption to beat up on a "big bike" racer :D
    Merle

8. Bill Cole

Old Man???....... Big Bike Racer???..... OK I see whats going on here.... You need a reality check... Have to see if I can work that out... How much show up money for a high caliber rider such as myself.. Can I just get a persentage of the gate??

9. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

It would be great to see you at the track again. Take some time off from the high pressure world of GP racing.

You know how the "show up money" works, you show up, you pay your entry fees, then you race.

Come on, drop a 80 cc motor in that RS of yours and show another old man how fast a high caliber rider can get around a go-cart track.

tom
    EARA / OYL #53
    WERA #506 nv.

10. merle4

Bill, show up and I guarantee there will be cold Yuenglings in the cooler for ya at the end of the day. I doubt you've ever had a better paying offer than that!
    Merle

11. Bill Cole

One thing I know will never be missing from a YSR weekend is some really good old friends. Moxey and I have been rolling it around and trying to get it into the schedule. When do you guys have an endurance weekend?

My bike is on its last legs. We ran it in Fred. MD last year and it was great........ until we didnt win!!! Can you believe THAT!!

Screw it a set of rings and we are off!!

Will try and make it to keep you guys honest...

12. merle4

Bill, There is an endurance at the nat'ls sat sept 7th after the sprints ( it's gonna be a LONG day ) and the last one is in MD on the 22nd. Hope you can do one
    Merle

13. Localriders

Localriders Member

more details endurance ysr's

I have been interested in ysr stuff and have a rs 125 pre 95...

Is that what works as far as appying a 80cc motor in to endurance... ? And can you use this setup for any other ysr racing?

What kinds of mods does it take to install the smaller motor? Will the mods be altering the way 125cc mounts (can I go back to the 125cc quickly?)

Point me to the deatails needed to know please....

thanks

Dave Bannister
    cincinnati oh

14. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Re: more details endurance ysr's

Dave, Don't know the details on the RS conversion. I can tell you that the Ohio club does not run endurance races. The east coast club does.

If you do the RS thing it would be legal to run in OYL in the Formula Extreme class and legal for the 80 Open class in EARA.

I can also tell you that racing the mini's is a absolute riot. Do whatever it takes to build it and you wont be sorry.

tom