1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fritz kling benefit

Discussion in 'General' started by brent@college, Feb 21, 2008.

1. brent@college

brent@college Member

fritz kling. former ama and wera retired pro racer has fallen on unfortunate times. one of the most fierce competetors ever and life long friend, neighbor, and husband of tina and father to corey and caleb has been diagnosed with stage 4 terminal brain cancer. it is terminal and in-operable. fritz's friends and i are having a benefit for fritz saturday mach 22 from 5p-12a est at the bath charter township community center 5959 park lake road, bath, mi 48808. we are trying to raise money to help fritz and tina and children through these very difficult times. donations can be made at any citizens bank in care of fritz kling acct#4532119619. if anyone can help in any way, it would be greatly apreciated. thank you all for anything you may contribute to help a fellow racer in this difficult time. brent hurst 517-896-0242 or [email protected]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shit.

:(

Fritz is a truly good guy.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

OMG... :(

I don;t think i could send enough prayers...

I really hate just sending just money, is there anything that they need?

4. brent@college

brent@college Member

ANY ITEMS THAT WE COULD RAFFLE AT THE BENEFIT OR JUST YOUR PRAYERS ARE GREAT. THANK YOU SIR, BRENT

5. brent@college

brent@college Member

Thank You For Your Prayers

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:( Thoughts out to Fritz and His loved ones.

Can you post up info on where to send stuff or PM if you would like.

7. brent@college

brent@college Member

thank you

you can send goods to college bike shop 340 n. larch st lansing, mi 48912 c/o fritz. donations can come here as we make deposits into fritz's acct or any citizens bank. thank you for your concern. brent

8. weggie man

weggie man Well-Known Member

Damn! My thoughts and prayers are with Fritz and his family.

I'll have something on the way.

9. daddio

daddio Well-Known Member

Really terrible news about a genuine nice guy.

10. PhiliDad

PhiliDad Well-Known Member

agreed. I remember when he showed up at Grattan -- probably early 1980s -- with a huge post-surgery scar on his head from having a tumor removed. Way back then I hoped it wouldn't come to this.

Besides being a great racer he was one genuinely nice guy, the kind of perrson you were always glad you met and always happy to see again.

Sad news for sure.

11. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Watching this guy and Rich Oliver was pure entertainment! A 250 and the Yamamonster!!!!

[​IMG]

12. paul

paul just fast enough

Prayers sent Fritz. Alot of good times on the track.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey Brent - is this good at any Citizens bank or is it Michigan only?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've read this thread about 50 times in disbelief hoping that somehow it wasn't true. I met Fritz a few decades back and I instantly liked him. If you know me, I don't honestly like a lot of people but Fritz was such a good dude that you couldn't help but walk away from talking with him shaking your head at how he could be such a great guy.

I can't get this into my head. I'm just shocked.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

How about setting up a paypal account?

16. brent@college

brent@college Member

Citizens Bank For Fritz

I BELIEVE YOU CAN GO TO ANY CITIZENS BANK. THE PARTICULAR ONE THAT WE SET IT UP AT IS - CITIZENS BANK 3015 EAST SAGINAW STREET LANSING, MICHIGAN 48912. THANK YOU , BRENT

17. brent@college

brent@college Member

Paypal For Fritz

PAYPAL FOR THE FRITZ KLING BENEFIT CAN BE SENT TO [email protected] WE GOT IT HANDLED! THANK YOU FOR SUGGESTING THAT WE DO THAT. EVERY SUGGESTION IS HELPFUL AS I'D LIKE TO DO ANYTHING I CAN TO HELP FRITZ. I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE HAS DONE SO FAR. IT RESTORES MY HOPE THAT THERE ARE STILL SO MANY GOOD PEOPLE LEFT IN THE WORLD! BRENT HURST

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  18. brent@college

brent@college Member

thank you

id really like to take a moment to thank the following people for all they have done so far. first, id like to thank mike and renee beckwith. without them, none of this would be where it is right now. larry kline at gt's, jim price at dps, johnny at slicks, wera (you guys are wonderful), tommy boyd, cousin billy, college bike shop, trackside supplies, dave at roadrace world, larry lawrence at cycle world, sandy stoddard, kathleen sears, carrie mull, tina kling, fast freddy kling, and the list will go on forever. id just like to thank everyone who has helped so far and will and thank you most for all of the prayers.i dont really know what else to say except im really touched by all of this and all of your generosity and fritz and family extend the same grattitude. brent hurst.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Wow....

Fritz and his Dad Fred were always friendly and helpful at the races, great guys - and Fritz was a BADASS racer for sure.... I always rooted for him.

This pains me a great deal.... Damn.... :(

20. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Nuts.

Yeah, Fritz IS a go-getter. What a neat family too.

Lemme tell you about stealing the VR1000 from Fritz at Pomona...LOL!

Thanks for doing this, Brent. I know we all want to help. It wouldn't be like Fritz to ask.