1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality genetic or chosen lifestyle?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Feb 20, 2008.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I'm not trying to be funny (well, not only funny :) ). You cannot choose to be homosexual. You can choose not to engage in homosexual acts...important difference.

You are heterosexual (I assume). You didn't choose to be that way, you just are.

2. mrussell

mrussell Staff

When you talk about choices, are you talking about who people choose to have sex with or do you honestly believe that people can , for the most part, choose who they find sexually attractive?

3. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

You forgot, you can't choose to believe. Your experience leads to what ever you believe.:D :Poke:

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Saiz you...

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Bravo! :D

:beer:

6. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

That is not true (and is the big myth perpetuated by ppl trying to justify it). Some people ARE innately attracted to the same sex, but some people just decide, for a variety of reasons, that they perfer it.

7. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Theres 2 ways some people look at it...

If its genetic-- thats odd becuase eventually, since most gay people dont reproduce, the geneic "deformity" would probably then breed itself down to smaller numbers.... which we all know isnt happening.

If its the evironment you grow up in, there may or may not be some type of common denominator...

if you ask me what i think personally... i think its that is become "fashionable" to be gay... and since its becomming more and more "acceptable" or "posh" to sword fight, people have a tendency to take typical curiosities and develop them into something much more deep and psychological more than it is physical.

8. mrussell

mrussell Staff

And roughly what percentage of people are gay because it it 'fashionable'?

9. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

LOL! good luck with THAT herd of cats.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well, since all my experiences have been with verifiable women, I guess you are right. I believe I like making love to and with women.

Of course, that's like people who call pork cooked in vinegar douche “Bar-B-Q”. They haven’t experienced anything else. They haven’t anything to compare it to.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am half way with you. I am not saying that all chose but I do think that you can lead someone one way or the other and essentially that person choses one way or the other.

The environment is very crucial, it influences us or at the very least contributes in our development.

I personally don't have a problem with peoples choices. To each his own. I do respect choices more than I do excuses or explanations.

My environment as a child definitely affected my choices. Until last year (and just for a few weeks) I had never dated a girl/woman/lady of Caribbean/Central or South American heritage. :D

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I also think there is a lot of experimentation because it's the "cool" thing to do these days. Those people are just a bit confused.

I don't think that being gay is a choice otherwise. I'm not convinced it's "genetic" either. Of the gay people I've gotten to know well enough to discuss it, none consider it a choice. As one said, "Who in their right mind would fucking choose this lifestyle?" That being said, everyone of my gay friends were either abused by parent, malested by same sex offender, or something similar. This of course is no scientific study and certainly no proof of anything. I just found it interesting.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

From homosexuality to BBQ in less than 2 pages.

In the spirit of the dungeon...you cannot choose which BBQ you like, butt you can experiment with all kinds.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Evolution says give it time. Life will find a way!:D

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

To pie I am sure in another page!

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

This questions about choice versus genetic needs to be answer by a legitimate bi person. Anyone? Going once, twice...

17. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Your not gay, your just sinning. :)

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Fixed.

19. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I genetically attracted to texas BBQ.

20. STUPID

STUPID it hurts

I don't know exactly where I stand on it. Religiously, obviously it's entirely wrong. Personally though, I know some really cool gay people, who are in there own way, normal upstanding citizens who contribute to society in a positive way. So I, like most people these days put up with "it" but it still disgusts me if I think about it at all. As I've always been told as I was growing up, "Some people just march to a different drummer."