1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Wear Critique

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Roosell, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Roosell

Roosell It's just as I suspected

Can someone read the tea leaves and tell me what to fix?

[​IMG]

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Provided your sag is right, play with the rebound dampening. Also, try and get on the gas sooner and smoother.

3. Cyclemall.Net

Cyclemall.Net Well-Known Member

4. flounder

flounder Bi-Polar Genius

5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Get on the gas sooner.

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

take out some spring or compression, but more likely add some rebound. thats a pretty common tear.

7. mountain lion

mountain lion Well-Known Member

Ya the ridge building up on the front of each tread is typically rebound problem..try adding a 2-3 clicks at a time until it's totally smooth in front of the tread. If it builds up on the back side of the tread, you've added or have much rebound. This is of course all your other settings are in the right ballpark. Remember with rebound, 'less is more'.

8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

was this from Tally this past weekend?

9. Fassina4

Fassina4 needing some sleep

yes

10. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

cold track?

11. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

+1

when my tires have done that it has always been rebound

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

what this mean?

13. Roosell

Yes.

14. Roosell

Thanks for the help everyone!

15. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

most everyone i saw and talked to was having that type of wear at Tally, just so ya know. :up: And im having the same issues. We cranked a few rounds of spring in the shock and it helped a GOOD amount.

16. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Not to be a wise guy, but what should I be looking for to determine whether the build up is at the front of the tread marks or behind them?

I keep going back to Roosell's pic and I can't tell. Front of one tread mark or really the back of the one just before it.

17. Bradley

Bradley Active Member

Looks like a cold tear to me. Are you using tire warmers? Let the tires get up to temp before you twist the fun handle.

18. mountain lion

mountain lion Well-Known Member

Look closely at the treads on the left side of the tire that are going to the middle. It's the leading edge of the each tread..you can see it mounding up some.

Check this link out as well...the 2nd tire from the right has it on the back edge of the tread.
    http://www.feelthetrack.com/tire-wear.html

I used to have pics from a couple old tires of mine that had this really bad, I'd post them but can't find them.

19. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

You're going too fast-slow down some.

20. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

:up: :up: Brilliant! I was focusing on where the pilling of the rubber was occurring, not the actual sipe ridges. Thanks!