1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a newer car sucks...

Discussion in 'General' started by Scarbs, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

I guess once mankind invented the "Clapper" the technological barrier was broken and neat devices like this could be made.

That is really cool technology though. He said they tune it up with a laptop, and it keeps a log and everything. Are you guys public?

2. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Just went thru the car buying thing with my daughter. Her boy friend worked at a dealer so we went there hoping not to get hosed...Yea Right!!!! The first two cars we drove had things wrong with them that were very noticable. I brought them up and the sales mgr. went for a spin coming back saying " I don't know how they made it on to the lot". I should have walked out right then but the daughter and boy friend are there ready to go so we finally find a third car. It "seems" ok so we do the deal. Of course the whole time the salesman is telling us what a deal we're getting because of said boyfriend...cough!....cough!!! Two days later the brakes are grabbing so she takes it back. Low and behold it gets a new brake job. I thought that was cool but it should have been fine to begin with. Now, two months later (30 days after the warrenty) things are starting to show up. little problems here, little problems there. All I wanted was a decent used car for my daughter to use for school and work. Something...dare I say it..."reliable"!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh
    I'm thinking of organizing a group of people who's job is to go in to dealers and just yank the chain of as many salesdopes as possible. Take them right to the point of sale and then walk out.
    Excuse me but I think I need to go car shopping :D

3. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Dude, good luck and give 'em hell. They deserve it, the rats...

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Company cars rock

5. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

I like to buy used. I have a dealership here I have trusted to find my last 3 cars. I can refer you to them if you are buying European.

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

we are public. the company is called Guidant corporation. under NYSE it is GDT. it's at a buy right now. 36.80$

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Then there's the rest of the story.

U.S. Justice Dept, FDA investigating Guidant

8. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

That would be me.

A friend of mine and I used to do this very thing. We would spend a couple hours in a day going around test driving cars...(nothing cheap) We would tell the salesman anything to get our butts in the cars. One guy a few years ago got us in a brand new Nissan 300z turbo to drive around town. After we drove for a few mins, (we acted like we didnt want to dog it out) He said to go ahead and get into it.... Needless to say, We brought the thing back and it was smoking from the engine. We ran the hell out of it.
    We had another guy who was a little unsure about us wanting to drive a brand new Vette. He talked about how we should look for something cheaper.. that we couldnt afford anything like this..(remember we were just college kids. But we made up a story about owning our own business and how we were very pissed at the way we were treated, and walked out of the place. Before we could get to the car, He was out there with the keys and We won.

9. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Laurie do they have a web site? I'm not against euro cars, I'm open to it; but originally I was looking for a Land Yacht. I'm at a point now where I'm thinking, if you can't beat these soccer mom's driving heavy artillery, at least join them and increase your odds.

Sounds crazy doesn't it. I'll race on a track but I want an M1 tank for the streets because I think that the streets aren't safe...

:)

10. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

What about a '97 Land Rover Defender? Limited edition. No. 300 of 300. Excellent condition. $40,000. Just happen to have one on the floor. The definition of affordable heavy artillery:D

12. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

dude, the neighbor just bought a Land Rover.....I'm not kidding. another one bought a Land Cruiser about six months ago. I was kidding them and told them that our new ride will be a Land YACHT.

13. jtroyh

jtroyh Well-Known Member

Your land yacht is here sir.

Have you seen the new Hummer H2?

Like a low-profile bread truck.

Ridiculous.

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

one more time where yamaha rick is pulling air from his ass. that's old news, and a different division. you could find a story like that from every manufacturer. here is an idea rick. why don't you research guidant as a company, instead of trying to start some spin shit like that. look up madit II clinical trial. look up the vascular intervention business. look up the minimally invasive business. that little article you managed to spin here is a TINY part of the corporation. a venture business at that. look up medtronic, the biggest medical device manufaturer in the world. want to see a host of shit they've pulled? "the rest of the story?" f&ck you rick, you just proved that you aren't half as clever as you would have people believe in here.

15. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I saw one on the highway the same day I saw it hyped up in our newspaper. It's looks taller, narrower, and trendier. It ws yellow too:Puke: I like the older ones better.

16. Laurie Acree

I have no idea about the website but the name of the dealership is Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro NC. Speak with Lawrence.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Laurie,
    Have you bought your M3 yet?

18. Laurie Acree

:D Not yet. Still in the drooling stage of that purchase.;)

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

:D
    I'm drooling over a M coupe right now. Butt ugly car, but that engine and the handling. Just too pricey and too impractical right now. or so I'll keep telling myself ;)

20. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Ahh, new car dealers. Dealt with one on Friday, not too bad of a experience. Just wish I would have gotten more for my truck but I don't like having to deal with selling a vehical, so I'll take what i got.;)