1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reparing fairings

Discussion in 'Tech' started by cmp007, Feb 8, 2008.

1. cmp007

cmp007 New Member

Whats the best thing to use to repair fairings? I got some rashed up fairings and they have some cracks and holes I need to fix and not sure what to use.

2. James White

James White GETTING OLDER AND FASTER!

repair fairings

are they street or race body?plastic should be plastic welded.you can use a variety of epoxies. remember the faster the cure the weaker the epoxy.if they are fiberglass you can use fiberglass,epoxy,most auto parts stores have fiberglass repair kits.good luck and i hope this helps.

3. cmp007

cmp007 New Member

There the stock fairings. What kind of epoxy do you recommend?

4. roadkyle

roadkyle Member

Send them to me I can plastic weld them....15 years plus just on mc plastics....etc...
    let me know....
    RK

5. cyphr

cyphr Member

6. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

that Plastex stuff is really cool. I bought some and finally got around to trying it. I repaired a cracked stock front fender. It held up the last half of the season.

REALLY easy to use too.

7. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

A true plastic weld will always be your best bet (strongest and most durrable over time)
    If you don't want to spend the money to do that, I reccomend Fusor 143. It is a 2 part plastic epoxy designed for repairing truck (18 wheeler) fenders, so you can be it is pretty damn strong. Surface prep is the key though, no matter what chemical epoxy you use, you have to make sure you prep it correctly or it will no be half as effective.