OT '08 Busa

Discussion in 'General' started by Prov431, Jan 10, 2008.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Ya, still...that is crazy. I wonder what the N/A limit is on that motor...seems like 280+ might be reachable with more extensive work.

Yikes.

2. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

and it does 7.50's @ 187 + mph.

This is a big motor bike. :D

[​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

:tut: Be carefull ---- You never know who's looking
    :Poke:

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I loved my Busa when I had it. It's actually a great tourer besides being a beast on the strip. It also handles a whole lot better than you would think. I sold mine a while back, but it's still up there in the favorite column.

4. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

SO it's like good PIE?

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Yes sir! :up:

6. Chip

Chip Registered

I should clarify.....it did. Its faster now.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

It should break 300hp when pushed past the sticky part of the envelope

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Must be that Elfin magic.

9. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Well the only thing I'm waiting on now is another insurance quote....the cheapest I got so far was from Allstate......$1066 a yr. full cov. 500 ded.
    YEOW! You'd think I was some 18 yr. old squid or something :)

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Kevin Hunt Magic....:up:

11. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Explain please :confused:

12. Chip

Chip Registered

The cylinders are seperate from the cases on the Hayabusa. You do not have to go into the bottom end to change the pistons/cylinders.

Blue - Pipe/ PCIII /KWS Pro Head / Cams / 3mm Pistons (1441cc) / MR9 Fuel = 244.6hp

Red - Pipe / PCIII / KWS Pro Head / Cams / 3mm Pistons (1441cc) / Pump Fuel = 235.0hp

Green - Pipe / PCIII / Head / Cams / MR9 Fuel = 226.6hp

Purple - Pipe / PCIII / MR9 Fuel = 206.2hp

Pink - Pipe / PCIII / Pump Fuel = 195.7hp

Teal - Bone Stock / Pump Fuel = 183.9hp

[​IMG]

13. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

14. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

The busas (as stupid as they are) are really cool bikes. Ugly, fat, don't stop or turn like a racer rep but they're great daily drivers and I'd love to have one as an all around daily driver. Great for commuting, sport touring, etc. and you can use the power on them. The back of your helmet doesn't scrap on the ground nearly as much as when you whack open the throttle on a healthy liter bike, they just powerslide, hook up and then begin to warp time.

Just please whatever you do, do not put any fugging chrome on that thing.

15. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I really miss that old no-holds-barred Formula USA / early FW stuff. Some of the most entertaining things I've ever witnessed come from that time...F-USA in particular. Scott Gray and Big Papa, YZR500's, turbo CBR900's, etc.

Good stuff.

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yes those were the days. Run what ya brung. I miss it.

We had the Muzzy Raptors and Rad Graeves on that Busa. Of course that was after the turbos were no longer allowed.

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That was the time frame when they told Rad he could no longer run the Busa because the fram had too much modification then they let Graves Yamaha run the R7/1 hybrid.

The AMA got a little egg on their face over that one thanks to me and my sneaky ways. :p

18. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Did you have to replace/ reprogram the ECU to get around the 186 mph speed limit???

Just wondering how that is accomplished. I've only ridden these things in standard form. While sure they have gobs of power stock they still cut off at 186 mph. IMO a standard 1000cc sport bike is more exciting to ride (compared to standard Busa and/or ZX-14).

19. Chip

Chip Registered

TRE will kill the speed limiter. Tricks the bike into thinking it is in 5th all the time. Costs about $100 bucks.

20. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Done deal....pick up tommorow!

'08 BUSA WOOO HOOO!!!