Anybody in the Brunswick, GA area?

Discussion in 'General' started by Stumpy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

What do you think aboot it? What to look out for/places to avoid/places to hang? I am looking at a job down there...

2. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

After getting to Brunswick- Promptly drive over to St. Simons or Jekyl - there will be lots of signs for both.....brunswick is where they make pulp- smells bad and The Cloister is much nicer ;-)

3. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Hey Stumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

If I didn't have to live in Atlanta for my job, I would be looking for a place to live in Brunswick. I love it there and dogs are welcome on the beach.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Moving into N. Fla region

6. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Hey Vicki!!!!

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

where? I lived in Fernandina Beach for a while. Cool place.

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I almost took a job in Kings Bay / St. Marys.....I still might some other time.

I used to live in jax, worked at Mayport shipyards. That area from Mayport across the river, fernandina, up thru Brunswick is very nice. I wouldnt go too far inland tho......then it just gets dang HOT.

9. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i live in brunswick, its nice and quite but not too much for entertainment. what job are you looking at? pm me for anything

10. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I'm looking at a GIS job with the Coastal Georgia Regional Development Center. I'll let you know if I get down there for sure.

11. stickboy274

You could be in charge of making people forget about the papermill smell. Just stand down wind of it. Your stench should offset the pulp.:D

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I thought maybe Mongo emptied his RV tanks there at one time.:Puke:

13. stickboy274

Or just letting some of his last meal breathe a little

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  14. gixxerfreak03

gixxerfreak03 Well-Known Member

Not to hijack a thread but:) my excursion diesel broke down there Saturday night on the way back from Kentucky. It stopped...I think bad gas. It is at the dealership there and I need to get from JAX airport to Brunswick. How in the heck do you do it? I have looked for shuttles but I haven't found any. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks; It did seem like a nice place too, and the people were nice but the sidewalks were rolled up at 8:00pm on a Saturday night.

15. stickboy274

You will probably have to rent a car.

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

taxi:Poke: :D ... or maybe some nice WERA racers will help ya:up:

17. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

if youre really in a jam i might be able to pick ya up (depends on day and time) as i live in brunswick.
    its gonna cost ya:wow:

18. UalRamper

UalRamper 1krr Rider

i spent 6 months there at FLETC and i couldnt wait to leave....................

its a nice place to visit but i wouldnt want to live there

19. gixxerfreak03

gixxerfreak03 Well-Known Member

Sanee; I don't know the details yet; but i bet we can work something out... and no one will rent one way to Brunswick. I couldn't even rent a car in Brunswick Saturday evening.

20. stickboy274

Well, that bites.