1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby on board??? car seat advice needed from you dads & moms

Discussion in 'General' started by wrenn, Jan 1, 2008.

1. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Graco to start for sure.
    After that, buy one that will:
    Face backwards - until they're 1yr old
    Face forwards
    Convert to booster

This way, you'll just have to buy the one seat for them to use until they won't need one at all.

We found a couple on ebay (new) that we kitted the grandparent's cars with.
    That definetly makes your life easier when Grammy wants to take them to the zoo or something.

Congrats.
    Mine are 3 and 1.5 - I figure I'm a year or so away from dirtbikes......

2. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Recaro Como. Good for kids 5 to 70 lbs, mounts facing or rear facing, reclines and looks great. We just ordered a second for my truck.

We started with the Graco (extra base for my truck and another for the grandparents car) but after 4mo we had to upgrade.

3. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i started to post, but then i remembered my nutz in my pants. :D

4. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

I thought you & your husband were not planning on adopting:confused: :crackup:

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:crackup: You should just post a pic of your kid for us to see. :)

By the way, is parenting so much different than you thought it would be?

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Chek out comsumer reports web page, they have some solid advice and some seats that did well. Also check out NHSTA's web page.

Advice given to us was one car seat, 2 bases. Do not use a car seat older than 5 years (they are dated from the factory) or one that has been damaged. If you do get one with-in 5 years of being made, check for recalls. If you local city is doing a safety seat check, show up and have them make sure you have it installed correctly.

7. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice so far, good stuff. I've checked into several and compared side by side different strap adjusters and stuff like that.

Sorry gang, although the click base types are great for the first 5-8 months,I guess I should've been a little more specific on our needs. Our child will be 8-12 months when he/she arrives because we are adopting.:clap: We are hoping for between April & August for arrival.

The recaro one does earn cool points in name alone.

here's a cool booster seat...but the kid will not be old enough to skip the rear facing.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk.../0SstO6NI65w/s1600-h/Carscoop_BMWSAF12_10.JPG