The New AT&T sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Hammer, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses.

2. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

the new AT&T sucks & so did the old AT&T

+ they spy on America for the Man

3. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

I agree the old AT&T was just as bad, and if I remember right that is the reason they were forced to sell and split things up.

4. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

Then you had a very unique interaction with them, AT&T and Cingular are both utterly incompetent in the area of customer service.

5. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

The Dilbert cartoon author is a former Pacific Bell guy which is just as bad as AT&T

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  6. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

Cingular was a great company! they had one of the best networks in the south west if not country. They stomped AT&T wireless into the ground on every measurable metric. AT&T was circling the drain, when Cingular "acquired" them, but it was an inside job by former AT&T bell heads exec's insider Cingular. Cingular gave their network to T-Mobile for some paltry frequency swaps & what was left of the Cingular team walked into AT&T offices & laughable network, slowly to be picked off as the two cultures did not merge, mingle, synergy or whatever you want to call it. AT&T did get access to a whole shitload of wall street credit markets & hid tons of debt on the books. AT&T has spent the first couple years of the merger trying to get the network up to the level of the former Cingular by throwing BILLIONS at it... you be the judge

GO VERIZON!

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

GAMBLER - Your avatar disturbs me... that is all

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I like AT&T. I even liked the old AT&T (long distance service).

They all suck but AT&T sucks the least. I never use their customer service since they'd only f@ck it all up anyways.

9. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

in over 10 years of service with AT&T, I have never had problems with them. I liked Cingular also...

10. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

+1
    AT&T SUCKS . I want my Cingular back :mad:

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

having dealt with Cingular as well as Verizon, my experience is that Cingular couldnt hold a candle to the customer service ive recieved with Verizon, and theres hardly a place ive ever been that i didnt have service.

Verizon rocks. :up:

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Verizon rocks!

I hated AT&T so I switched to Cingular...then I hated Cingular so we switched to Verizon.

I now have to deal with Cingular because I am responsible for all cell phones at work....they remind me everyday of why I left them for Verizon.

13. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

With our service area (south of I-70 by Putnam) which is hilly and remote, Cingular had better coverage than Verizon before we switched to Cingular. But the billing is ridiculous now. If it were a mistake i could see it, rectify the problem and go on with life. But the mysterious charges are annoying and nobody can say what they are for, nor will anybody take them off the bill. But they are willing to take a payment on them.

14. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yea, thats f'd up. i cant believe they just slapped that onto the bill without a line next to it stating what the charge is for. Clarke Howard (consumer reporter based here in Atlanta) has talked alot about AT&T and this exact problem your having, lately. Seems its a really big problem for them.

15. S.E.R.E.

S.E.R.E. Frog Man

- you calling Barain lately...?:rolleyes:

If you have issues with them, contact the FTC....worked for me before....twice:up:

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Last week, forget what day it was. Around 6pm my internet goes down{AT&T}
    It would come back up for a moment, then I would lose it again. Call Justin Garvin, who works for them, and we go through some tests. Problem is not on my end. Call AT&T tech support, and I get either a busy signal, or a recording
    "Do to technical difficulties, your call did not go though, please try again later".
    It seems that there was a huge outage, that never happened:rolleyes:
    I don't car for their service either.

18. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

i had no problems with cingular and since at&t took over i have had nothing but crappy customer service and big hassles

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Isn't there a reason they busted up the old AT&T Ma Bell system? Seems weird they're all coming back together with AT&T subsuming Bellsouth, Pacbell, Cingular, etc... a sign of the times. Welcome to "1984" all over again.

20. random hero

random hero Banned

im with everyone else, i live in a big city and never had any problems with cingular, when at&t took over my service went to sh*t.. I'm talking driving down the highway next to downtown oklahoma city and have zero service, also my bill has gone up, but cant figure out why.. i love my blackjack, but am thinkin of switching networks