06-07 GSXR 600 Clutch switch bypass

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Carnage R1, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

won't do a thing:up:

2. gix

gix jigga who?

thank you sir...what do i do about the choke cable: Just remove it completely?

3. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Yeah, usually you can run some safety wire to it and out the frame and tank so you can still choke it when necessary.

4. gix

gix jigga who?

Thanks guys

5. lexusis3

lexusis3 Active Member

Just little FYI for those who wish to remove the clutch switch, here is what i did. On my 06 GSXR 600

I used a mini relay to open and close that circuit activated by the start button. So the relay is normally open and when you press the start button it closes.

Hope this helps. Any question on how to wire it let me know.

6. Manx59

Manx59 WFO

Will it work for a 750 2004 model? How do you wire it? Thanks.

7. lexusis3

lexusis3 Active Member

Ok here it goes first you'll need a SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) Relay.

Next pull the the two wires of the clutch switch and try to start the bike if it dosen't start then you know its a normally open switch. I think all GSXR's are.

Now find the starter wire coming from the push button having a volt meter would help at this point test for a wire that goes to 12 volts when you press the button. Make sure key is on when testing. (mine was yellow/ black i think)

Ok now to wire the relay connect the two wires from the clutch switch to pins 87 and 30 doesn't matter which one goes to which. Pin 86 to the starter wire and Pin 85 to ground.

Thats it Pin 87a is not used. Now every time you go to start the bike it will trigger that relay to close the clutch circuit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

or you could just leave the switch alone :Poke:

What do you gain by doing this? Not being a smart ass, just curious.

9. lexusis3

lexusis3 Active Member

Well for starters no more pulling the clutch in to start the bike. And one less thing to break in a crash...

10. Manx59

Manx59 WFO

Thanks very much for the tip.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sorry for diggin up an old thread but I was curious about this as I just picked up a new racebike (06 600, former Jordan/Gemini customer bike) and on the left clip-on is a button like this I believe. In order to start the bike I have to hold the button on the left and then hit the starter and then release. I'm assuming this is properly bypassed and the bike isn't in a "limp-mode". I haven't ridden in anger yet but I've seen it on track and it certainly didn't look down on power. I'm assuming the Gemini guys know how to wire this up properly.

Attached Files:

12. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

My switch was broken when i bought the bike (repairable write-off) so instead of replacing it I got a $5 starter switch for a dirt bike and put that in its place. Works like a dream, press the button to start and then ride :)