1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Race YSR's??

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Super_Dave_344, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Super_Dave_344

Super_Dave_344 Well-Known Member

I race with the OYL in ohio and was just curious how many people on this site race these things.I used to race 600's but the cost was to much for me.I have just as much fun racing these.Hers a few pics from a practice session on saturday.

Attached Files:

2. Super_Dave_344

Heres on of me showing off for the camera.

Attached Files:

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i used to race them. so did bill cole. if you race one it has to be an 80cc. they are a blast to ride and will humble you to try to tame one.

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I'm building a KX85 racer now.

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I've got an NS50 that I'm building up for WERA mini's and True Grits competition. I had a YSR a few years ago but I never could get comfortable with it. The NS50 was comfortable immediately! It's amazing how much fun you can have on these little bikes!!!

6. Super_Dave_344

Sounds cool.I have thought of doing the 80 in a YSR frame thing but havent done it yet.There are a few guys in our club OYL (ohio ysr league) that have them.There are also a few 80cc motard bikes that run faster than the YSR 80's.If i do one i mite try and go that route but it wont be till next year.

7. zrxoa1

zrxoa1 Member

Those pics you posted above... where were they taken? Kinda looks like the Go_Kart track in Camden.....

Brent

8. Super_Dave_344

No they were taken at CRP circleville raceway park in circleville, ohio.We do run a couple races a year at camden and it is a really nice track and lots of fun.

9. zrxoa1

zrxoa1 Member

I have ran my YSR on the track in Camden, no "official" racing, just a few of us on our YSRs. Tight track in the back section, but very challenging. I held off the next guy for quite awhile until he was finally able to make a pass back there. Got home, checked my tire pressure (was getting very vaque feel from front end...) and was surprised to see 55psi!!!! Not quite sure how that happened, also found the front wheelwas bent badly....DOH! No wonder I had such a hard time :D

Can you let me know when you will be running at Camden next?

Thanks!

Brent

10. Super_Dave_344

well we were supposed to race there again SEPT. 7th but that date fell on the same weekend as the east coast national in new york os that race got cancelled.Do you guys still have your YSR's? If so i know the track is open for practice alot maybe we could get together and go ride there sometime soon.

11. zrxoa1

zrxoa1 Member

Yes, I still have my YSR, but it is not currently running, hasn't for about 7 years now. I *thought* I had broke the crank, and just never got around to fixing it yet, but actually found out just the other day, it was only the flywheel nut had fallen off..... yes i know, I am a complete IDIOT. In all the time the YSR sat there, the gas tank has now rusted inside and I bet the carb is a mess...

I plan to get it going this year though, so we might get to ride yet! :D

12. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

which dave?

Did you race last year? I ended up selling mine and am racing endurance w/ wera this year. They were fun, I just needed the speed. I ended up spending money on racing anyway so I figured I'd stick w/ the big bikes.

Attached Files:

13. Super_Dave_344

Im Dave Black AKA Super dave my # is 344. I raced with the OYL last year also.

Attached Files:

14. Fatboy125

Fatboy125 Active Member

We have a go-cart track in south florida and we must have 10 guys that go out on Wednesday nights. TONS of fun !!!:D

15. nancy junge

nancy junge Vesrah Suzuki

I have brake pads for ysr's. If you or anyone you know is interested, email me. [email protected]

Where do you guys buy most of your parts?

Mark used to race a ysr, I think that's where he gets his goofy riding style.

16. Super_Dave_344

I get alot of my parts from team calamarie but i buy from a few places.What kind of pads do you sell and what kinda price?Where are you located?Do you race or just sell parts?

17. nancy junge

nancy junge Vesrah Suzuki

They are Vesrah brake pads. My husband races, I just sell parts. $20 a set. Anyone interested please email me. [email protected]

18. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member

I bought a YSR when I was 15, as it was the only way to ride legally on the street. Since selling it for my FZR at 16, I've always missed my little blue smoker. What type of costs are involved in renting a track/insurance/whatever. I've got a couple friends here talking about buying YSR's or pocket bikes. Don't know where to go about getting track time, or competing against others.

BTW, I sold my YSR in 91 for only $800, the price I paid in 90. DAMN! If I only knew then...

19. Super_Dave_344

Where do you live? i know of several track but i need to know where your from so i can put you in contact with the right people/tracks in your area. Bikes are still about 800$ to 1800$ depending on where,when you buy and what kinda shape its in.If your looking for a race bike BUY A RACE BIKE not a stocker.Its alot more money to turn a stocker into a racer than what you coulda bought a nice race bike for.

20. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member

I'm in Indy.