1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from MD to SC

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Jul 21, 2002.

1. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Hey all, corner worker first-time posting here. I'll be moving from central Maryland to Anderson, SC on the 15th of Aug. (I'm enrolled in Clemson grad school). Anyway, I know exactly jack about the racing scene in this area, so if anyone can give me a few heads up as far as what tracks are around, where to get schedules and any other tips that seem pertinent, I'd appreciate it. Oh, and since I don't know a soul for at least 150 miles around from the Clemson/Anderson/G-S area, send me a note so we can go ride or something. You can even show me the cool places to hang out. --Howard

2. amaner

amaner will do math for food

I think Roebling Road (Faulkville, GA), Carolina Motorsports Park (Kershaw, SC), Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA), Talledega GP (Talladega, AL), and NFMP are the tracks closest to Anderson...

3. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Yup:)

4. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

dont for get VIR
    its only 3 1/2 hrs away

nfmp is alittle far (7-8) hrs away

5. amaner

amaner will do math for food

oops. yeah, and VIR!

:)

there are no cool hang outs in or near anderson, sc. :)

shite, i have no idea.

6. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

i live in spartanburg
    get intouch with me and ill show you around

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Hey, Matt....didn't he say he's going to Clemson? And you're still going to show him around??? Make sure he swears he hates the Tigers before you help him out. :D Just kiddin'!

8. yoshinewmn

yoshinewmn white & nerdy

ii didnt say i was gona give him the right advice :eek:

9. Zeb's PH

Zeb's PH Well-Known Member

CLEMSON RULES!!!! :D :D

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you know why clemson alumni colors is/are orange?
    so that when they graduate the are prepared to:

1. go huntin'.

2. work on a road crew.

3. go to prison!! :D

11. 976-FIZR

Pickin' y'all up...

You know, seein' as how I may very well be pickin' you or one of your friends/loved ones up off the tarmac one of these days, you'd be well advised to be nice to me!! ;-P

And it's U. Tenn's colors are orange so that they might:

(1) Hunt Saturday morning

(2) Play football Saturday afternoon

(3) Pick up trash on the side of the roads the rest of the week.:)

-Wish

12. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

Cool hang-outs? Just about any road from there north or west!!

13. Rich Around

Rich Around Well-Known Member

are you out of your mind? please remember that according to south carolina law, anal and oral sex is outlawed and is punished by a pretty stiff:)-) ) jail sentance. this whole state is a goddamn joke. don't forget to bring your bible. :D

Last edited: Jul 21, 2002
  14. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

i live in columbia now, but i am originally from greenwood, sc. it is only 30 minutes away from clemson. clemson is not bad, seeing as how my ancestors founded the place, but i chose carolina for my grad school. what are you studying? my boyfriend races southeast which is roebling, carolina, road atlanta, talladega, and vir. it's not a bad drive to any of them. road atlanta willl be your closest. looking forward to meeting you even though carolina and clemson are huge rivals.

15. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

don't let him scare you, you CAN legally marry your first cousin - if she is hot that is. and dontt forget the great mini bottle rule. don' t be strtled when you go to a bar and they have mini bottles on the shelf. i am a bartender and a standard mini bottle contains 1.75 ml, where as a standard shot in a free pour state is 1.50. it looks wierd, but the state makes more tax money off of it and you get more liqour. have fun, let me know if you need to know somewhere to go out and have some real fun. tigers suck, cocks rule.

16. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

I'm a Clemson grad and still live in the area. Shoot me an email some time.

17. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

DAMN YOU!!!

18. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

so Wish - you gonna cornerwork at the AMA Finale at VIR? I'll be down there again to hopefully celebrate the 250GP championship with Rocky and Chuck...

I'm thinking of riding my RG500 down for the event - you riding the Hawg? Can you send me your route from last year? I don't want to spend 12 hrs on the superslabs...

Scott

19. 976-FIZR

Great. So if I get caught engaging in any kind of sodomy, I'm gonna get thrown in jail with someone who'll most likely sodomize me.:rolleyes: Ahh, southern logic, ain't it grand?

-Wish

20. BAMA

BAMA Well-Known Member

:D uh, huh, you said cock :D find cocks at the salty nut :D