1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV 650 How much fuel?

Discussion in 'General' started by nolan, Oct 22, 2007.

1. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

For an SV 650, how much fuel to you put in for a sprint? How much for a Solo? Thanks

2. Royale w/cheese

Royale w/cheese Well-Known Member

your question is not vague enough.

and the answer is three...licks to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop.

3. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i run a tad more than 2 gal for a sprint. add another half gal for a solo. i try not to run the light solid.

4. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

Fill it up to the top of the hump in the tank. run a practice session. measure how much you used and divide by the number of laps. then multiply by the number of laps in the race (don't forget about sighting lap and cool down). Run the tank down to as close to empty as you can and then add the appropriate amount of fuel as you need.

Be careful, you don't want to be like the entire Honda team at Daytona last year. :D

Oh yeah, every track is slightly different.

5. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

Thanks

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

As much as it takes to cross the finish line and then a little more... This goes for both types of races...

You left out a number of things - what track, what kind of fuel, etc.

7. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

Fair enough... 80hp, Pump Gas, Summit & VIR

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

dont know why everyone is giving you such a hard time....put 2-2.5 gallons in it and it'll be fine. if you really wanted to break it down, its gonna get 20-22mpg under race conditions.

9. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

Thanks Kris:up:

10. Werd

Werd Member

You're riding through the desert on your boat. You get a flat tire. How many pancakes does it take to build a house?

Blue because ice cream has no bones.

11. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I usually use 1.25-1.5 for a sprint and 2-2.5 for a solo, depending on the track.

12. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

Thanks SVandST

13. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

If you weigh 300 pounds like most of us LW guys do, just fill the thing...it's not like you're adding a statistically significant amount of weight.

:D

14. nolan

nolan Well-Known Member

I'm only 220, but I just had a big piece of pie...

15. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Hmmm, okay is this really Dz567687643's coworker? He must be working with Brad these days. :D

16. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Something that stupid, had to be Matt.

17. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Are you faster then me? If yes then you need .5 gallons per sprint, and 1 gallon per solo. Should be good for every track. Maybe a little less for VIR, and Nelson. Those tracks are real easy on gas.

18. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Fixed it for ya.

And I generally leave with a full tank for both. Sorry...but 7-10 lbs ain't gonna make me THAT much faster. I'd rather finish every race....and not lose due to running out of gas. JMNSHO.

:P

19. MB164

MB164 O.T.W. - AM 764

I put a full tank in my pit buddies bike when he isn't looking and about half as much in mine. I figure since I outweigh him by 10 pounds it makes us even.

Sorry, I'm sitting in the middle of the desert at 1:40 a.m. (our time) and I'm just happy to be able to get on the internet and BBS again and couldn't resist.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007