1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paging Joel Brown, need serial # for r6 yec ecu sofware

Discussion in 'General' started by s4senna, Oct 9, 2007.

1. s4senna

s4senna Well-Known Member

I recently bought Joel Brown's 06 R6, and it came with a YEC ecu...I have the CD and cable for the software, but not the serial number, so, all that stuff becomes useless...

I could also probably use any serial for any CD's for that years r6, if anybody can help...
    thanks.

2. britracer

britracer Well-Known Member

The number you need should already be on the YEC kit ECU. It is a 6 figure number that starts with a 6. You should be able to take that number and enter it in to open the software.

Also be careful when downloading the 2006 or 2007 basemaps as they are different. The 2006 kit ECU part number is 2C0-8591A-70 and the 07 part number is 2C0-8591A-71. If you try and put the 07 basemap in the 06 ECU (or vice-versa) it won't send it to the ECU and you get an error message.

Also, if you have a kit wire harness then you can connect the ECU to your laptop using the cable that you already have. If you have a stock wire harness you can't adjust the ECU unless you also have a sub-harness for the ECU. Yamaha don't list this part but it is 2C0-F8610-70-00. Price is around $110.

PM me if you want a copy of the 2006 R6 base data (zero) map.

3. s4senna

thank you for the very valuable information, I do have the kit harness, and I will try to enter the numbers on the box itself, cheers, thanks.

4. s4senna

nope...that didn't work....
    the 6 digit number is rejected, every time...

5. britracer

britracer Well-Known Member

Oops.... I have my CD in front of me. Try Serial Number:

YMS1-0416-6901-0957

If that doesn't work PM me and I'll mail you my CD.

6. s4senna

I will try to get to it before sunday's races...and will keep you posted, thanks!!