1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to contact etech photos

Discussion in 'General' started by Thekd2, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

Anybody know how to contact them? I tried to order at the track but nobody was there and tried to email but no response and the website doesn't work?

2. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

have fun with that.... tried in the past...

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

etechphoto.com

P. O. Box 1187
    Eldersburg, MD 21784

Tel: 443-851-1723 Messages: 410-552-9254

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Unless you have the photo number from the track, good luck. He makes it too hard to get your photos after you leave the track.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's a shame. Loses out on business.

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

He said he doesn’t post them on the internet anymore because people would just copy the image down and use them as wallpaper or whatever. Even with the etech watermark.

He seems to put out allot of effort to take pictures and print thumbnails out at the track which cost money. I would do EVERYTHING in my power to make my pics available if I was selling them. Me, personally, I give them away for a small donation to the AFF. We all win that way.

7. Guzz

Guzz Mr. MARRC

I am gonna play Devil's Advocate here, because you know me and how much time and effort I have put into taking pics of racers at the track this season. Bob is absolutely right. I can fill volumes with all the e-mails I get after a race weekend of racers asking if I have any pics of them, because they want to buy them. Then I rush to get their stuff up on my site and I never hear from them again. So either my pics suck or they are being less than truthful about their intentions. So now I mostly take pics of teams and racers that I have made agreements with or those that have approached me in person and have discussed their needs with me (i.e. Sponsor Shots) I post the rest up as I get around to it.

I just accept it as a part of the business. But I am also a huge sportbike race fan & supporter, and I have a ton of friends out there racing that I come to support, so It doesn't really matter to me. It is a part-time thing for me, and I do several other types of photography too because I love it!

Bob at EchoTech is a full-time photographer. He has to put his time and energy into what pays his bills. He does all types of photography, and doesn't make a living off of races. So all I can say is if you guys want to see more photographers & better pics sooner, you have to support the photographers that ARE showing up and working your races. I don't think $10-$20 for a top quality photo of yourself is to much money. I am not sure people are aware how much money a "Real" photographer puts into one of those race weekends. It takes a lot of those sales just to break even.

Just my $.02 worth. As usual I thank all of you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you guys all out there!

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I agree with you Guzz. To take pics all weekend is a ton of work and the cost of good equipment is no joke. One of my lenses cost 2x’s what my camera body cost!

What I was saying is for the amount of effort he puts into taking pics, he doesn't make them available after the fact, i.e. no web site with pics even if they are requested. Its at the track or no go for his pics.

9. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I too will play devils advocate. I don't do this as a full time job but it's still one of my jobs. I have fun doing it which is why I do it. I've made a zillion friends at the track and we hang out on and off the track. For the most part, it's a fun place! I love taking pics. I always put my stuff up on my website because I know the guys/gals have raced all day, they are exhausted and a lot of them don't have time to look at pics at the track. Mine are all on computer so they need to come look at the computer. Sometimes there's a line, sometimes there's not. A lot of them don't even think about pics at the track. Putting them on the website gives them one less thing they have to worry about while they're at the track. They know they can go home and in a week or week and a half they'll be up on my site.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some photogs feel the income from a site is worth the hassle. Some do not. If you want pix on the web then help them by telling riders who steal them to quit being thieves.

11. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I wrote down all the numbers of the pics I wanted and hung around the area for quite some time, but there was no one there to take the order. After I waited for awhile I had to go pack up the trailer and leave. I appreciate that fact that they come out and take the pictures and would love to buy some photos from him. I just couldn't find him when I had time to go to the photo area. I still have the numbers so it should be easy for him, but I guess not if it is impossible to contact him.

Thanks

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

If I could email the guy and tell him I was interested in pics, that would be enough. If I saw the pics and didn't like them, yeah there's a chance I won't buy them. If he's confident in his pictures though, that should be of no concern.

I understand not wanting to commit to an online presence. However with how busy the weekend was, a lot of guys don't get a chance to look at pictures until after the weekend. In my case, if I could at least email the guy and see/confirm I like the pictures, he would have another customer; plain and simple. Now the pictures are just sitting there, when he's put a good amount of effort into taking them already.

13. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I know I want the pictures, I know what the numbers are and I am willing to pay for them. How much easier does it get??? I am not asking him to post anything on the net. It is almost like taking candy from a baby its so easy, but doesn't look like its gonna happen. I'll even take them emailed to me after I pay for them so save on burning a disk and shipping costs.

14. photobutterfly

photobutterfly Photographer

Hey Guzz will you be at Summit this weekend?

~Jennifer

15. Guzz

Guzz Mr. MARRC

Yes! I am cornerworking with the Safety Crew from M.A.R.R.C. on Saturday and taking pics on Sunday!

It is gonna be an awesome weekend! :up:

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

we'll see ya there! :beer:

17. photobutterfly

photobutterfly Photographer

see you there:)

18. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I have a contact for Etech Photos

I finally got a hold of bob at E-tech and was able to get the Mid Ohio photos. If you need to contact him he said his cell was the best way. His cell number is (443) 851-1723. Hopes this helps anyone that really wanted the RRGC photos. I would have been very bummed if I didn't any photos.

Todd