Women in racing

Discussion in 'General' started by thiam1, Dec 23, 2000.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yup that's the same Phil. He's also got a rgreat deal on the back protectors for racers (basically selling them at cost). More info will be in the rulebook mailing and I'll try to remember and post it here when I get to the office.

2. Mary#622

Mary#622 Member

I e-mailed Z-custom a few weeks ago about their custom gloves and this was their reply:

"Hello Mary,

We determine on a case by case basis whether we can do custom gloves for the
    individual or not. The only way to determine is in person. If that is not
    possible, we would not be able to assist you.

Respectfully,
    The Z Staff"

As much as I would love to go to California, it's just not in the budget. Trust me, I have searched everywhere and called everybody to find size 6 or 6 1/2 racing gloves. They do make smaller gloves for women, but they are usually not racing quality. I'm probably going to just buy the smallest Helds or Kushitani's because of all the gloves I've tried on (and I've tried quite a few) they were still closest to my size.

Mary

p.s. That 125 picture posted earlier is just the most wicked looking little bike - don't ya think [​IMG]

3. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Yeah, the white goes real nice with the yellow plate.

Perron used to make gloves to hand tracings. The Z guy used to make boots to foot tracings. I don't see why he couldn't make gloves to a hand tracing.

JU

4. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

I'm not sure if he can or not, but Barnacle Bill could probably alter the gloves to fit you. He does great leather work, so I would think he could. Anyway, he is located in Kentucky. His number is (606)336-7375. Give him a call...

5. smknjoe

smknjoe Well-Known Member

I believe there was a girl who raced in the AMA 600 supersport race last year at Pikes Peak. Don't know the name, but they made mention of it before the race. [​IMG]

6. Wacky Jackie

Wacky Jackie Well-Known Member

Hey, guys...When rules say we must have back protectors, does it have to be the plastic slide or can it be extra leather and foam filled into the racing leathers?
    And I purchased a pair of AGV leather racing gloves which are an XS and fit me perfectly. And my Shoei helmet is a snug XXS...
    If you keep looking eventually something will come your way!! Don't lose that dream..even if it takes a little longer to achieve...

7. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

XXS helmet??? Damn, I must be an Amazon Woman compared to all of the other women on the BBS. I had no problem finding my riding gear.

8. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Is it an issue of length with a regular back protector? Or price? Cuz I'd recommend that you get the best protection you can get, regardless. But I am no expert on back injuries, so it's just the cautious dude in me doing the talking.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Must resist straight line, must resist straight line, must resist.....

10. Lee Acree

Lee Acree Well-Known Member

Hi Eric 77. I personally like that SV pic at Road Atlanta. Thanks for sharing. Who took that photo? I would like a copy. Lee did not give me time to collect a photo for that bike. Can you help me out? No, Brad I don't want a photo with you on the SV. It's just not the same. You understand.
    Laurie

11. Lee Acree

Sorry. Nevermind. I just read the caption. Thanks
    Laurie

12. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

... No, Brad I don't want a photo with
    you on the SV. It's just not the same.
    You understand.
    Laurie[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey,just 'cuz I'm pig slow doesn't mean
    there can't be a kewl picture taken!If
    someone good with a 'puter could alter it
    to make it look like I'm leanin'
    over,you'd change your mind then! [​IMG]...besides,the wife doesn't like me sending my personal photos to other babes anyhow [​IMG] [​IMG].....Maybe
    I should paint this motor-sickle,so people won't
    know where it came from?...If I do
    that,after losing races I can say.."This
    bike just sucks dude,it just won't go any
    faster"....and they won't know the facts [​IMG]....poor me,just feelin' fat and itchin to ride!Maybe next weekend I'll FINALLY get to ride my new toy!!

13. melissa

melissa Sir

Actually, I believe there has been at least one woman who qualified for, and raced in, the Daytona 200, a few years back, but I don't know how she placed, or if she even finished. Apparently she tried to qualify again for last year's but missed the grid by one spot.

14. Lee Acree

Goodness Brad, you mean you have not been on a track with the SV since you bought it? I bet your wife is ready to kick you out of the house. Luckily for the racers wives, you guys have some practice days coming up. FINALLY!!! Ha, and you thought you were itchin'.
    Laurie

15. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

[​IMG] LOL [​IMG]

16. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

That was Wyeth Jackson. She qualified for and competed in the 600SS race at PPIR.