1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Wedding Celebration - MarkB and SamB

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Aug 31, 2007.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Just wanted to invite everyone to our wedding celebration in the pits at the Barber regional race on Saturday Sept 22nd :)

So many of the details are not clear yet, but our plan is to host a big grill out under canopies as close to the podium area as possible for everyone. I have around 30 friends and family FLYING IN FROM THE UK to entertain!!! as well as Sam's family from MS....so I would love as many of you guys there as possible. This is really a big opportunity to thank everyone at WERA, at Pirelli, and my family for all the help, in addition to celebrating the wedding of Sam and myself.

As I said, lots of details are missing:
    - Tony won't be there to officiate any blessing ceremony....any substitute Tonys? (this might just be a big reception...thats ok)
    - I'm looking to cater a grill out....any good local companies in Birmingham?
    - Not sure where in the paddock we'll be allowed? Would love to be in the car lot area in front of the main building, so we dont take up pit space.
    - Need to get official permission from WERA and Barber (although it has been indicated to me that what I plan should not be a problem...its still good to get the official word...)
    - Maybe some music???

Anyway, Sam and I dont care too much about the details - we just want you all to be there. WERA folks have been such an outstanding help to me, and have been such a BIG part of my recovery.:bow: I just want a chance to thank everyone, and give everyone some food and beers. :beer:

Time: after racing is done on Saturday (prob after trophys)....then into the evening

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Wish I could make it. Congrats again, Mark Boyeeeeeee

And Sam. ;)

3. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Mark, what time are you shootin for?:clap:

4. MarkB

Good point - I just updated the thread. Basically after trophys on Saturday evening.:up:

5. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Mark- Can you clear your pm box?

6. MarkB

well...i kinda got lots of messages of support from my dark days at hospital. I need to save them somehow. Perhaps you can email me in the meantime?
    mark_c_brereton @ yahoo.com

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Clean out your PMs. :Poke:

<edit - never mind, just saw the email address above. Guess I need to clear out my eyes, eh?).

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Looking forward to it Mark! I'm always good for freeloading on beer. :beer: Congratulations to you and Sam! :up:

10. benster7625

benster7625 Well-Known Member

count me in mark will be there do we need a tux ha ha ha ah

11. peter leduc

peter leduc Agaperacing.com

Congrats...

I'm guessing this is a black leathers only event? :beer:

I just had to throw that in there. Congratulations to both of you and if you didn't hire a real photographer, you'd better talk to one of the track shooters and be sure to buy the CD for the whole weekend.

Now if I could just get my wife to even come to the track...

12. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Wish I could be there Mark! Congratulation to you and mrs. B :D

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

almost forgot about this. plan on being there.

14. carolinaknedrgr

carolinaknedrgr Well-Known Member

:up: Congrats! I look forward to it and Thanks for the invite!:beer:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mark - you need to contact the track about a caterer, I believe they only allow one. Email me and I'll get you the contact numbers and names.

I'll arrange for you to be able to use the area in front of the winners circle where I normally park. Sadly Evelyne and I will be at Mid-Ohio but our thoughts will be with you for sure.

16. vdub18t

vdub18t #97

Congrats Man!!! Just tied the knot, jumped the broom, and got hitched myself!! Wonderful thang. Thanks for the invitation and I can't wait. See you at Barber!

17. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Already done. I spoke with Faynisha who put me in touch with Crystal about permission to do this, as well as 5 Star about catering the event. :up:

Sean, you guys (WERA) dont have a problem us with doing this after the races and payouts on Sat. do ya?

18. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

cool, cool.......just fucking cool!!!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Todd - us have a problem? Are you kidding, my only problem is I won't be there.

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

thats cool. i just wanted to make SURE, yanno? :) Now that as of today i wont be working 12-14 hour days, hopefully i'll be able to get in touch with Barber and the 5 star catering service next week and get some solid details set up. :up: