1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F3 question?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by porkchop, Aug 14, 2007.

1. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

Has anyone had trouble blowing main fuses with there F3? I put a known good wire harness on, and still have the same issue. Is it possible that its the CDI?

2. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

Grounds?

Check to see if your grounds are correct. If a main fuse blows, then there is a short somewhere. Be sure to check your connections, especially, the green wires going to the module on the right side of the subframe toward the back, above the rear tire. It is mounted to a plate. If you don't have that hooked up correctly, it can blow the fuse. Sounds like something isn't hooked up corrrectly. Hope this helps! Big RoNny:up:

3. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

When does it blow?

When does the fuse blow? In other words, what are you doing to cause it too blow? Starting, turning the ignition on, cranking etc.?

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yup, we need more info. I did have a fuel pump go bad and take out the main fuse on one of mine way back when

5. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

It seems to only blow it under power or mainly wide open. Testing the red/white wire and green wire at the reg/rec plug it reads there is a short, (35.90 ohms). It should read offline. I unplugged each component that the green wire (ground) goes to, everything. The ohms never changed, which means there is still a short. right? Thats why I am now questioning the CDI.

6. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Easy fix, just buy another F3.

7. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

more info

Also the stator wires get hot shortly after the bike is running, but the stator tests good. ???

8. melch

melch V7 Pusher

I've had a rectifier that would blow it as soon as it got hot.
    About the third lap of practice.Those wires get so hot going into the rectifier causing the degradation process to commence.At least that was the cause of my fuse problem.

Somewhere to look anyway......The replacement ones on ebay have cooling fins and are relativly cheap.

Good luck:beer:

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

agreed...wwaaayyy back when we raced at AMS, our endurance f3 ate 3 over the course of the weekend. the rectifier was getting so hot it was melting the white plastic hookup thingy. our issue was at the plug which in turn ate the rectifiers.