1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N. Hayden at Mid O

Discussion in 'General' started by roadracer86, Aug 3, 2007.

1. roadracer86

roadracer86 Always worth the pain.

Nicky was hanging out by Bruce Porter the Arai helmet fixer upper guy and I had to congratulate on his world championship and he actually remembered me from our F2 and Solo 20 days at WERA events. He's still the cool level headed guy I remember. Fame and fortune definitely hasn't ruined this guys attitude and willing to sign autographs and talk to fans anyplace anytime.

What a cool bunch of people that Hayden clan are; Rose was selling Hayden T-shirts in vendor alley this morning so we stopped and talked to her for awhile, always very polite and friendly. Great people I tell ya; can't ask for any better. Rock ON Hayden Folk! :rock:

2. Don't tell mom

Don't tell mom Well-Known Member

Earl Rocks:rock:

3. When I was out at laguna, I had on my repsol Nicky Hayden shirt, and was walking around the vending area. I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I turned around and Earl Hayden was right in front of me and he said "nice shirt" I said "Hey! Mr Hayden, good luck." He hurried off I presume so that he wouldnt get mobbed by the crowd.

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

see to me, that's f'ing cool, that he'll take the time to stop someone who's out there supporting his kid

5. zook1k6

zook1k6 Banned

Yep the Hayden's are great gor racing, except for the ghey earrings!

6. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

That's funny. I was just talking to someone the other day about what a huge deal it was at my high school when I wanted an earring back in the '80's. It seems so silly now. I've had 'em in both ears for 20 years now and I just never think about it. It seems weird when anyone over 7 years old even mentions them anymore.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Yeah, you would think the fact that your ghey, nttatwwt, would stand out more than your earrings

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

nttatwwt

something to live by!

mmfoor

9. stickboy274

10. Tim McKinley

Tim McKinley Salty Member

11. stickboy274

12. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

it's nice to have killer racer who are still somewhat humble and normal, and all that fame hasn't gone to their head. i've always rooted for him because
    a) he's a pseduo-backwoods rider and has a cool southern drawl...and he just put his nose to the grind stone and practiced/raced 1,000,000 miles with his dad's help till he made it to the top of the 2 wheeled world. the last race in GP last year was soooo cool!
    b) cause he's ridden for honda forever, and i remember talking to his mechanic at VIR in 2002 when he had to run a RC51...granted, it was a $260,000 RC51, but it still was -2 cylinder to the GSXRs and all. He still managed to kick butt on it, though. it was kind of funny (but a bummer for his wrenches, they had to be in daytona in 3 days for testing!)...his bike caught on fire and he laid it down in the grass and jumped off....The corner worker had his thumb up his ass and must have been amused by the shape of the clouds or something? Nicky grabbed the extinguisher from the doofus and started to put his own bike fire out. Emptied bottle #1, grabbed bottle #2, and by the time it was empty, the fire was out. In the end, he threw the empty can at the cornerworkers' feet. (rightfully so...it's not like it was a flaming pit scooter...that would be cool to watch burn!)
    I asked his mechanic what it's like to wrench bikes for a pro team, and expressed interested and he said, "man...think long and hard about it...my next day off is in 2.5 months!. Now I have to tear this bike down the the frame, including motor, and put it back together to make sure the fire didn't hurt anything hidden...and when I'm done put it on the truck and hit the road...it's going to be a looooong night (and that's not fair, i was a paid formula car wrench and by sunday afternoon, you're beat and just praying the car comes back w/ all 4 corners still on it.) hard work, but for sure rewarding....
    ok, look! Schump got kind of off subject again...kind of
    Go Nicky Go! "Kick his ASS, SEA BASS!!! :beer: :bow: "

13. roadracer86

No doubt, he's a very cool fellow. Wish I could say the same for some of the back marker AMA riders who act like their poo doesn't stink. There's a few in the series that act like they are next best thing running around in 15th place. Daddy will run out of money sooner or later. :D

14. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

yeah, Bruce is kewl like that...........:crackup: :Poke: :beer:

15. patrickmotox

patrickmotox The Riders Mechanic

Daddy's Money? who?

And who are those back markers with Daddy's money? Isn't that how the Haydens got to where they are? Um, yea, need to read thier history before you blow on other AMA riders.

16. roadracer86

Sorry buddy, the Haydens weren't rich by any stretch. Their Dad was a used car salesman in Kentuckey not an Enron executive. Those people struggled to keep those kids on track and racing.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What do you mean "was"? Car lot is still running strong :D

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

<---has a signed license plate from Earl's dealership hanging up at the motorcycle dealership I work at

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I think there is the used car lot and a bowling alley in Owensboro.

Makes South Boston look upscale.:D

20. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Don't forget the Moonlight BBQ in the OWB. We used to fly up there in Blackhawks from Ft Campbell for lunch.