1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good old school "cool" (street) bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThrottleJock, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

the age old addage....

What's that i've heard for years???
    "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!"
    So maybe, to be coy, wait till she goes on vacation, and then when she comes home...well, there won't quite be as much room in the garage. Be sure to have a nice dinner on the stove for her, or do something to "pay her back" so she won't hold pulling a fast one on her and adding 2 more wheels to your arsenal for the rest of your life...
    oooh, another one (my lacrosse teammate in high school's dad actually did this!)
    Chad's dad already had 4 toy cars in the garage...he'd always wanted a kit cobra. His wife said "NO!...you already have the old wooden wheeled car, the triumph, and that other one... you CAN'T have any more cars!"
    so...
    He bought the kit cobra anyways...but he "bought it for her!"
    so if she really starts going ape shit and pulls out a kitchen knife bobbit-style...
    "but honey...it's not for me, it's for you!" [take 1 dozen roses from behind back and present at same time to hopefully protect your loins!] :D :up:
    ...just don't oblige if she buys your story and then asks to have it repainted hot pink with flowers tattooed head to toe on the bodywork!:tut:

2. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

3. scotth

scotth Banned

4. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

It is a sweet looking rz for $3700 near Jax, FL. The red, white and blue one. Price may be high but what do I know.

Here is another nice old bike.
    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/mcy/389242487.html

Look around in Ohio. Seems like I see a lot of cool old bikes at MidOhio ever year. Usually at least one really nice 86 GSXR if not a pair or a 750 and a 1100.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  5. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

6. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

What all is that made up of? I love this thing!

7. whitey_1964

whitey_1964 Well-Known Member

On 93 or newer Vmax's, you can replace front calipers with those from a first gen R1 or R6 (ie: non-radial calipers). They bolt right up. Add some steel lines, and a vmax will stop with the best of them.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That would be a good mod to do for sure.

Unfortunately, I purchased my '93 in 1993, five years before the R-1.