1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good old school "cool" (street) bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThrottleJock, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Kawak Z1R - coffin tank, quarter fairing.

Kawak - GPz any year, prefer a 900 Ninja

Suz - GS1150 any year.

Honda - CB900F

Triumph Bonneville

Honda - 360 - For the Beach Boy cool factor.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Not an ES 1150, but only ~7500 miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986...yZ133177QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now, if someone were in the mind to restore one here are a couple of Katanas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982...ryZ50028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982...ryZ50028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A nice one with ~6k miles just sold for 5800.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...010QQitemZ200126481203QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  3. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

rd350/400

4. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

My hubby recently acquired a 1979 Honda CB650 for me. It'll be cool when I'm done with it. Right now, it's a work in progress. Looks just like my first street bike. We also have a 1979 Honda CB550 Four which is really cool. Rides decently enough for long trips, though it's a bit stiff for turning.

I like the late 70's Hondas. They're just cool.

5. joe617

joe617 Well-Known Member

Don't you assholes go buying up all of the old airheads dammitt!! :Poke: Not till I find one anyway.:D I have actually ran across a couple of them that I should have bought but my tight ass wouldn't come of the money. I suck!!!

6. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

There's only 1 for sale in FL right now that I could find. So you non-Floridians are going to have a much better selection. I guess I could leave the state if it came down to it. It's a long way to anywhere from here though.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you don't care about stopping either, definitely V-Max. I don't know how mine didn't kill me. :D

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Kawi Z1 :D It went to a KZ in '76 I believe, but ya can't beat the original Z1, 73-75 I think?

9. vehicular

vehicular ARRRRGG!!

I happen to know where there's a very cool 75 CB360 for sale. Almost totally unmolested, original condition. Very nice for what looks like it's lived in the back of someone's shop since about 85. Needs the carbs rebuilt and some fresh shocks/ fork seals but is otherwise totally rideable, doesn't leak too bad, etc. Located here in Huntsville if you're interested.

10. ThrottleJock

Ooooh ha I'm going to have a fun next couple of days surfing ebay!

Just think, I could be out in Vegas with my old lady, gambling, taking in the sights at the Spearmint Rhyno, etc. No sir, I'm happy as a pig in shit hanging out here on my laptop building cafe racers in my head. Oh yes.

It's a sickness. Thanks for all the tips guys, I think I could build a sick bike out of each and every one of them.

11. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

H2, yeee haaaw!

exactly! you don't like it when i tune my dirty bike in my garage???
    well F U, here comes THREE AT ONCE...and it's street legal to boot!
    there are two guys out there that make KILLER expansion chambers for the H1 and H2...aka the widowmaker. look really nice and a good hp improvement from what i've heard.
    but if they're all together, they're worth something...just gotta find the right guy who needs the '08 bike/is getting divorced/having his house in forclosure/etc
    i second the GS1150...worked at a black bike shop in 2001 and Mickey, the owner's uncle had a bitchin GS1150. he told me "Shiii, i bought this thing, rode it all the way to daytona (from DC)...never check the oil!"
    it was like 1375cc or so...Falicon crank, big p's and c's..."it'll run 9.20's right now...with a bob carpenter head, she'll do 8.80's.."
    fat drag tire out back, chopped steering head for more rake, still street legal, although good luck finding race gas for it at the exxon.

the Vmax is aonther bitchin bike. GOBS of V4 torque. they rule!
    or what about a old skool CB1000? the KZ is another good bet...too many damned choices. if you want to scare yourself 1/2 to death and piss of your whiney neighbors, get the H2 (but put a 636 front end on it..the were BIG on motor, low on brakes/suspension...but also have a cult following)
    good luck,
    Schump

12. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

I've kinda got a thing for the old H1 & H2's as well. First bike I ever rode (on).

[​IMG]

Before I was big enough to sit up my Dad would just cradle me between his legs on the tank when we'd ride to him Mom's house at the coast 60+ miles away.

I guess that's why I can sleep through anything. :up:

13. ThrottleJock

14. ZackJones

ZackJones Well-Known Member

1984 Kawasaki GPz 750 would be a neat old school commuter bike.

15. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I think I sae it at Mid-Ohio this weekend. A Yamaha XS-650 with bark busters, full knobby tires, no front fender and flat black paint. A total Road Warrior vibe if I've ever seen one.

16. Indy92

Indy92 Beer Me

+1 Braaap!

17. Indy92

Indy92 Beer Me

18. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Kaw triples rule, but not as a commuter bike...

My picks;

Z1

GPZ 750 / 1100

KZ1000J

V Max

19. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

xs650
    gs850g (blue and blk)

thruxton (new bike with old looks :D )