Attention MotoGp Roo's

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Jan 14, 2007.

1. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

I picked up a set of MotoGP leathers from TPM at the NYC Bike Show. After returning home, I saw some posts about the Kangaroo suits coming apart at the shoulders and I sent the suit to Barnacle Bill for reinforcement stitching. I also had some things installed while it was there.
    Thanks Bill, great work.
    Ken
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

((nevermind))

3. DaLions

DaLions Shot Calla

Those who aren't sure about the MotoGP might want to consider the Teknic Speedstar 2006.....it's kangaroo and is really comfortable because of all the stretch zones and neoprene cuffs on it. You can find them on Ebay.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

David Brown crashed at VIR this weekend & burnt a spot thru the left ass cheek of his roos. Thats the 3rd crash in these leathers & they will need to be repaired for 3rd time or replaced. They my fit well,look good & feel good. But they don't crash worth a damn.:down:

5. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

What brand does Mladin wear ? I noticed the announcers saying his crash was a minor lowspeed in the grass and yet his leathers were torn and flapping in the wind ...

6. lawman800

lawman800 What did I do?

Mladin is an AGV man, or is he Joe Rocket now like the rest of the AMA sheep?

7. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

8. DaLions

DaLions Shot Calla

What suit?

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Motogp...Roo skin..Barnacle Bill has fixed them 2 times.

10. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

It's probably a model that isn't available to the public...

A few years ago wasn't Haga riding with a suit that was actually 'rebranded'?

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Well I had a 120mph crash today at VIR in my brand new MotoGP roo suit and the thing was in tatters. Strawberry on my shoulder and on my knee. These pieces of crap roos are going in the garbage. Oh and I joined the real racers club with a broken collarbone. Stuck throttle under the bridge before turn 7. Lucky to be alive.

12. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Glad to hear you're "ok."

Heal quick.

13. dougrose

dougrose Well-Known Member

dont waste your time buying them. i just had both of my knee caps put back into my body. yes they both came out and you can park your car in the wholes in my moto gp roo suit. the knees on the leather exploded and now i am looking at 6 months of rehab to just be able to get around. I know i wouldnt be in this situation if i had had on anything else. I should have been in a pair of shorts.

They are over cut and do not have enough hard padding in the joints, plus they grab in the areas that have too much material. I do admit that i was stupid for getting them and have been racing long enough to know better. just my 2 cents

14. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Damn man, sorry to hear that :( Heal up, I have a Motogp cowhide suit. I hope that I dont crash:tut:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Moo isn't the problem, it's the 'roo suits. So crash away.

16. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

17. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

I'll stick with my Komodos!!
    What is crazy is that this is not the first website which I have read about issues in regards to these suits.
    I'll have to find the other posts I read about them.

18. lawman800

lawman800 What did I do?

Very strange how this is happening when the parent company, Arlen Ness, is known for making some of the best suits that are being worn by the top GP and WSBK riders. A lot of guys get off at 150mph on these Arlen Ness or Berik suits and have no problems but the US ones are suffering catastrophic failure. My sponsor told me not to use them either because he's already had 3 returns for these suits when they just split open at the seams on a crash.