Proline split

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Jun 28, 2007.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

The guy submitted a press release, labeled a press release, written by a guy who is a professional press release writer, announcing he was no longer involved with an operating race team. It met the news value test, i.e., operating race team has encountered a problem. KDM then sent in a countering view that included the words, "set the record straight." So it got posted. Then lawyers came. Then it all came down. It's easy to say anything you want after the fact. But in my career I have had all sorts of people object to all sorts of information being published, and if we listened to all of them, there would be nothing on the website.There are tens of thousands of posts on the site, and you don't like this one, which was clearly labeled "press release" and "First Person/Opinion." I can live with that.

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I know what I saw and heard at their pit area at Barber, and I received phone calls from Vinnie and from some woman who said she represented KDM, so saying it "wasn't checked into by anyone" is a pretty big stretch. Who are you anyway?

3. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

Having had several lawyers in my life over the years in reference to business litigation both contractual and verbal...this is going to be one very expensive attorneys bill.

I'm guessing about 10k to 15k retainer just to get started. My suggestion is that both parties back away from the table and use their money for more constructive things like racing or building a shop.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing of value to add to this thread…

he's Rick James, Bi'atch! :D

sorry, couldn't resist :moon:

5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Sponsor money is hard enough to come by,why give it to f*cking lawyers? I agree with this 100%

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

can you give us link to that retailer that copies your press releases,maybe they have it :D

7. unome

unome Banned

now noone will have any money

8. hamurobby

hamurobby matchd n staggerd special

Tap tap tap, is this thing on?

anyways, wow, what a mess. As far as Vinnie goes, I have handed him, not hundreds, but thousands and thousands of dollars for parts and labor, and I got exactly what I paid for. He is no thief, and I don't get a receipt or invoice up front or anything like that. I didn't need a receipt because he does all my work and we are sort of a team, so I trust him. Not everything is perfect with our relationship, but no one is happy with their mechanic all the time. IM just glad he puts up with my ego, because I know im an aszholek no witall fasta shells uno fabiotch, jes like the rest of ya.:D

See ya at Jennings Friday.

[​IMG]

9. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

DAMN, I like those new leathers Rob:up:

10. gixxerfreak03

gixxerfreak03 Well-Known Member

When Drew ccs211 crashed at Jennings and was airlifted out I rushed to the hospital in Jacksonville to find out his condition. We left everything at the race track to include a wrecked bike, spare bike, trailer, tent..etc. Without being asked, Vinnie collected everything and took it to Orlando with a spare truck. He called to find out how Drew was, I can't tell you how he got the number, told me that everything was safe in Orlando and that I could come and pick it up whenever I had a chance. Three weeks later I pick up the trailer and race stuff and Vinnie wouldn't take a dime in payment. I shoved $50.00 in his pocket and told him to take his wife to dinner. I should have shoved more than that. To me, an act like that shows the true character of a man.

11. hamurobby

hamurobby matchd n staggerd special

Thanks! Aparently so does the asphalt :rolleyes: , two one hunert mile an hour crashes (t3 at jgp, and t1 at RRR:eek: ) and they arent so pretty any more, but they did their job. I need to send em back to spyderchick again.:up:

Are you coming to JGP this weekend?