1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PICTURES

Discussion in 'General' started by photobutterfly, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

:beer: :beer:

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Bunch of dense people up in here.

3. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

Sorry to change the topic ... but some of what I like to shoot.
    From this afternoon during a walk. One of my two monkeys.

[​IMG]

Got the fashion model moves at age seven ...
    [​IMG]

and a bit of an attitude
    [​IMG]

Puts things into perspective for me.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't understand the compulsion you guys have to post pictures of your children (especially the little girls) on the Internet. I mean, she's really cute but don't you guys ever read the news? It's a sick world out there.

Pavel, I am not picking on you in particular. You just reminded me of something I think about every time this happens. I hope you're not taking this the wrong way.

5. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

Yes ... I'm taking this the wrong way.

she has her clothes on in these - supreme leader. Any sicko is welcome to do as they please. The people who don't ever want to venture outside because they could get hit by a brick dropped off an airplane ... well, I feel sorry for them but can tolerate it up until the point that they try to tell me how to behave. I moved to the states so I can be a red-neck, free with no cares. I plan to stick to that. ;)

6. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Pavel-cute pics. I made up this little rule about our daughter's pictures not being posted on public forums. I love the shots I have purchased from you of her but I will not tolerate her pics being posted for good reason. I'm serious. Don't post your daughter's pics.

7. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

Laurie ... I respect your views ... but mine are different. I appreciate your sentiments ... especially coming from you ... but I will not abide by that kind of worry. On the contrary I will have complete disregard for that kind of concern as I keep wondering why people keep being paranoid.

Fight nazism by disregard - despite the danger. same with this kind of worry that there may be a freak out there. I'm not submitting to it the same way I did not submit to the communists. I do not want my daughters to grow up in a culture of fear. What can pictures posted do ... really?

8. photobutterfly

photobutterfly Photographer

Pavel, she is beautiful. I hope she loves her freckles :D

~Jennifer

9. melanie

melanie not a dude

I have spent about 45 minutes reading all this... and all I'm going to do is roll my eyes.

Sure, it is asked that all members follow rules - otherwise it would be anarchy. But is it asking too much to have a sticky or whatever at the top of each section outlining the rules in a clear and concise manner?

I can see some very valid points made in a mature manner by many people. However, I cannot say every valid point was made in the same mature manner.

I appreciate all the race events and this BBS have to offer, and I choose to keep coming back to both because of the majority of the community. However, as in every community, in WERA there are some members that just have to be put up with. I have an opinion that's relevant about all this, but I'm not going to make any friends if I voice it. So I'm asking everyone to just get along.

And post those forum rules where everyone can find them.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rules are in the descriptions of the forums. Nowhere does it say in general "sell your shit here", however it does say that in the classifieds.

Also, all of the photographers bitching in this thread saw the other one where I spelled it out. This is not new and and it's not a secret. I do explain rules nicely to the newbies if they don't get it right away. Of course no one hears about that.

It's the people who should know better that get treated like they're idiots because well, they're acting like idiots.

11. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i don't think you responded to pavel's question about if it's ok for hobby-only photogs to be posting/pimping pics for free.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And next thing you know...
    ;)

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

14. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Pavel, listen to Papa and Laurie, there are some sick freaks out there

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This case indicates you should never take your kids out in public and then leave them unattended in your hotel room. Not sure how it relates to the purported hazards of Pavel posting pics of his kid aside from "yes, there are some evil people out there". What about pictures in the newspaper? Magazines? A shot on a tv show? Or all those vacation pics my wife plasters all over sites like dropshots, etc.?

FWIW, I'm not sure I even have an opinion on this yet. Still trying to determine one, I guess, but I find myself leaning toward agreeing with Pavel. If folks have some data points to add please do.

16. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

My first inclination was to agreed with Papa on this one, but then the more I thought about it, I realized that almost every daycare, school, sports organization, etc uses kids pics in their websites. Parents sign waivers as part of the monstrous stack of tree-killing paperwork that all of these organizations put out, most without ever reading it.

There are definately sickos out there, but I would assume that sickos are as lazy as every other human being on the planet and are therefore going to search for their prey among websites like those mentioned above and not typically frequent the WERA BBS in hopes that someone happens to post up a pic of a kid.

17. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Not sure. But ignoring pedophilia isn't helping to fight it. It's just making you feel better. Just so ya know.

Sooooooo, if pics of bikes AND kids are out, what's left?? :D :D

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Boobies of course.

19. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

:crackup:

20. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Ok, can we get some rules stickied on all the forums, PLEASE?

:D