1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Congrats MarkB!

2. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Isn't that the truth!?

I'm in awe... again... from this story. You couldn't make shit like this up. Unbelieveable Mark. Keep up the good work man, you and now your new (official) family are an inspiration to everyone.

Congratulations! :beer:

3. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

Awesome news Mark!!!! Congrats!! The pics are great.

4. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

I see a CBS prime time movie in the making here. I think it's that good a story. :) Hell, it's better than that.

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Mark, congrats honey! I was at Tally this last weekend and I saw the announcement in RRW.

6. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Congrats Mark!! :beer: :clap:

7. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

congrats, mark. great news.

8. Bridget

Bridget New Member

WOW! Congratulations Mark!! So happy for you guys! Sam looks amazing!! I admire the strength & courage you're showing. You're becoming an inspiration to many people, I hope you know! Rome isn't quite the same without you around here. Congratulations on your new family!

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Congrats, you two!!!!!!!!!:beer:

10. MissiRN

MissiRN Well-Known Member

Congrats Mark and Sam....You guys look so happy!

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Still thinking of You :up:

12. Turn #1

Turn #1 Track Junkie

pg 4!! NO WAY. You are still in my prayers Mark.

13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Congratultions!! Best wishes to you both. You are both an inspiration!

14. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

BIG NEWS....!!! I can move stuff below my injury....!!!

I have some amazing news that I want to share with everyone. I don’t know how much I ever explained to everyone, but the doctors told me that I was “sensory incomplete” (means I can feel sensation below my injury), and “movement complete” (unable to move anything below my injury). I was always told that my injury would always remain such that I would NEVER be able to recover movement. I tried to get them to at least say that there was a possibility of regaining some movement, but the doctors categorically ruled that out. I was never going to recover movement and so this was a reality I have long since come to terms with.

Well late yesterday they had to make a full retest on me prior to releasing me to the day-program. At the end of the test was the movement part, which we all knew I would fail. Well, my big toe moved! The therapist called around all the other therapists and the excitement quickly grew among the group as I was able to move my toe. Of course I cried, because this is such a significant development.
    They spent more time testing my muscle responses and found movement (albeit very small) in my quads and calf muscles of both legs. This is incredibly significant. It means that this may ultimately result in me be able to walk, rather than being just a party trick.
    I am now at the start of a very long and difficult road that I was told I was not even going to get the chance to travel down. This means I have a whole load more work ahead of me, but the prize at the end of it would be so amazing. It changes my whole categorization (from ASIA-B to ASIA-C), and will completely change the therapy work that will have to take place. I have to wake my muscles up one by one.

I still don’t understand how the doctors could be so categorical about telling me I would never get these sensations back. I had complete faith in their assessment, and in some ways accepting their prognosis somehow made things easier for me. Now I know I have a lot of hard work ahead of me.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone, and thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I now have the dream of walking again and I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks again so much,

Mark

15. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Wow Mark!!!! Awesome news! :clap: :beer:

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

That is incredibly good news Mark! I am so glad to hear it! :up:

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Im speachless, What great news. :clap: :clap:

18. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

That is truly great news!! :D I honestly think the doctors are told to give you the worst case scenario, so that you don't bank on some possibility that may never come. Good luck, and keep up the good work.

19. Awesome news Mark! I let you in on a secret though...ever since you told us that you did have some feeling or that you could tell them you could feel where they were touching...I thought to myself "Mark will walk again, it may take some time...but I think he will walk again". This has made my day Mark...as I'm sure it has made yours and everyone around you! I very happy to hear this Mark! Keep up the good work brother! :up:

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Woo-hoo! Go Mark!