1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

????Best full exaust for 06 gixxer 600??????

Discussion in 'Tech' started by speedfreak177, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Ran the EKG on the GSXR600 we were talking about. IMO the EKG is a great pipe...heres what we found. Sorry per rider request cant post charts..apologize

06 GSXR600: Full s/s motor, VP MR fuel, PCIII, Leo Pipe.

Broke motor in, mapped in 06 so it was very close, then removed the pipe, installed the EKG full s/s system and re-mapped.

Fit: EKG a bit heavier (more durable?) and fit good. the Leo had a better fit by a little bit.

Sound: Never understood the LEO's sound...kinda whistles at higher rpm on the gsxr (no, not like a coachs whistle) the EKG is VERY deep sounding and yes, loud, but honestly they all are nowadays. i love the deep sound of the EKG

Hp/Tq: The EKG is a RACE only pipe for sure. esspecially on the 600. from 3-6k it made less than LEO 3-5rwhp. from 6-8k almost identical to the leo, 8-10k the EKG REALLY comes on, big tq increase right at 9,500-10,200 (perfect in my opinion for a track that you come off corners hard), and makes 2-3 more hp entire section, then from 10-14k it makes the same, although 2 at some points, 4 at others, the EKG has a ton better overrev as well..from 14-15.5k it keeps on climbing while the leo has signed off. at limiter (not very useful i agree) it makes 6 more rwhp. agian, no one rides at rev limit thou.

If i was to play with timing and cams and such im sure the EKG could make closer hp to the LEO down low, and even more lower midrange while still keeping the top end. IMO the EKG is not the best choice for a stock motor, or for a street guy. However for a built motor and race only, i would say best so far i have done (along with akra, need to do back to back thou...and we are doing that later this week with a GSXR750 s/s motor we just built) For this particular racer and his usual track (long straight, rider uses 9-15k, comes off corners at 9-11k) it is set up perfectly.

You cant beat the price either IMO @$6-700 complete. Not bad. Congrats to Grant @MPT...pipes seem to work great!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  2. speedfreak177

speedfreak177 Well-Known Member

ed who?
    I am running an 06 gixxer 600 race only...
    No motor work just a pciii and full exaust (not chosen yet) on pump gas, are you suggesting the EKG or the Leo?
    Anyone have any info or experience with the Arrow?

3. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

the nice thing though is that with the money you save on the EKG you can put toward suspension or even toward some motor work.

4. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

really a personal choice. if you are on a very tight track the leo might suit better. IMO they are close, but the EKG definetly on a built motor works better (for us at least). Never done an arrow. In past the arrows were very heavy and prone to cracking, maybe better nowadays??..

5. speedfreak177

speedfreak177 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input!!!
    I am going with the EKG, I spoke to Brandon from MPT and he is offering a very good price, 275 less than the Leo..Thats money for future motor work!!

Thanks again

6. Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle Well-Known Member

Yes we can.
    Call me for pricing Dan 831 394 1330

And here is the link to the Akro site showing their dyno chart, about the same gains as the Sato, 6HP at 14.5K RPM. .
    The sato is all Ti, weights 6.4 lbs and costs less then the akro.

http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/main/catalog/products-catalog.htm

7. Bandit 600X2

Bandit 600X2 Well-Known Member

With out a doubt SATO, High quality and very light.

8. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

Any data to share on that 750?

Just by looking at the pipes it seems the 600-biased exhausts are choking the 750s...

9. James White

James White GETTING OLDER AND FASTER!

yosh ti-system

my supersport 600 is right at 124 rw/hp with the yosh race-kit titanium system.

10. Morbid Andrew

Morbid Andrew Well-Known Member

Interesting topic. I am in the market for a full system on an 07' GSXR 600. I assume the same info you are giving for the 06' is the same for an 07'?

11. volcom415

volcom415 Well-Known Member

what else you got under the hood?

12. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Did anyone see the recent article where a mag. purchased kit ECU for $1500 and slip on...the zx-10 ran better with kit part off of bike?!

I think 124 would be possible w/race gas and blueprint motor. Would not be high miles type of deal either...nor would if be factory dyno numbers. That stupid factor Dynojet uses is...well...stupid.

A freakin' stock R6 on the pipe makes 118??? I'm on the wrong bike?!!!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  13. Morbid Andrew

Morbid Andrew Well-Known Member

Where can you get a Leo for $850? Pm me with that info

14. bhinds382

bhinds382 Well-Known Member

EKG Pat Matshima from Huey at Marietta MS

I'd suggest you give Huey a call at the revived Marietta Motorsports (offspring of 1-888-fastlap). Huey is/was Opie Caylor's wrench man, they reopened the service section after the Fastlap operations moved into the woods. THe results EKG is getting are pretty good, the full system is less than a grand, and Huey will sell you the pipe and make you a good deal on mapping your bike to the pipe. At least that's what I wish I would've done instead of buying a Yosh r-55 half-pipe for about the same price. It's a fine "3/4" slip-on, but Yosh made it a real P-I-T-A to get it delivered, and they've been non-responsive to advise for adapting the mount to a bike with rearsets. The Yosh R-55 (GP style) mounts low and interferes with moving the rearset back and high.