1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookie here..Mentor wanted..July 7 @ Nelsons..06 R6

Discussion in 'General' started by RRRR6, Jun 3, 2007.

1. RRRR6

RRRR6 Well-Known Member

I will be doing my first race weekend July 7th at Nelsons and was hoping someone would volunteer to be my mentor for the weekend.
    I'll stay out of your hair, but I was just hoping someone (preferably a new gen R6 rider) would let me paddock next to them and help me through the paces, since I'll be alone.

I just don't want to miss a race, pass out, forget to put my helmet on, etc...:)

My bikes an '06 R6 essentially stock and prepped to tech specifications. If all goes well, I plan to finish the WERA NE schedule for this year and shoot for a National Championship in '08 (jk).

Thanks
    Ryan

2. RRRR6

RRRR6 Well-Known Member

67 no takers so far!?!
    hahaha

No big deal...I'll be fine and so will you when you see my orange tshirt!

3. sdg

sdg *

you might be able to talk me into being pit crew for ya...pick up my gate fee or some such...I'm local...

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Nobody is gonna "sign up" but whoever You are pitted next to will help you.
    Thats how this sport works, just return the favor when You can.:beer:

5. northernyamaboy

northernyamaboy Yo Terrance! You're slow!

Ryan,

I'll give you a hand. I still remember thouse days (the beginning). Give me a yell (PM) as we get closer or simply just find me when you arrive. I'm Expert 909 (Red 03 R6).

Talk to ya,

Scott

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

have you even been to nelson? do you know approx what times you run?
    as for gearing.... i run 16/48.... but it might be off for someone slower... you might be in the 15/46-47 range

7. RRRR6

RRRR6 Well-Known Member

Sounds good

8. RRRR6

RRRR6 Well-Known Member

I've been to Nelsons...all of my experience is in scca racecars however. I will be running the stock gears because I haven't invested in sprockets yet.