1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy Haulers

Discussion in 'General' started by Buckwild, May 15, 2007.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Haven't seen this one before, and it looks to be worth more research. Thanks.

2. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

I just got me one of the Northwood Desert Fox. Seemed like all the quality and reviews were great. It is really nice. I have a diesel truck that I couldnt live without, so I go with the travel trailer. It has real high ceilings, all the cabinets you need, nice big bed up front, nice big bathroom, all ducted heat and ac etc.....

3. Rad625

Rad625 Well-Known Member

I have a keystone 30 tailgator and it is great Jeremy used it last week at Barber I have a motorhome and hate to sell it but I need to move it if your interested see ya

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Just looked on ebay and ran a search for the Keystone 23KRS. Sideload like shown above in the 23' model. Someone has a 2006 for 16,600 with the buy it now price. Looks SWEET!!! If I were getting one, and I've considered it, this would be what I would do. Smaller, but one of the only small ones that has an actual small garage separate from the rest of the trailer to pull stuff in at night if you want. And the pop out queen bed on the back really does seem to give that thing some great room inside.

5. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

The main thing I am worried about is something that is relatively (under 20K), and has at least an 8' cargo area with a divider wall/door what have you (that way you don't have to sleep in VP stench). I am already in search for a 2500, 250 series truck, diesel powered that will only be used for towing since we already have three vehicles for normal driving. I have looked at most of the ones that have been mentioned here but am still coming up short on finding that "one" that lights me up and makes me silly, lol. Any other suggestions that can be thrown out on here would be nice.

Damian

6. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Ahhhh, now that is the what I am looking for. Nice and light yet still enough space for a one rider effort. Thanks for passing that on and towards the end of the season I will being my search for the 2008 rig.

Damian

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

might want to take a look at the Jayco TalonZX series of toyhaulers as well. Thats what i just sold, and i had zero complaints with it (other than my son started college and i had to give up some of my toys :) )

8. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Do yourself A favor and buy the chevy 2500 with the durmax/allison. I have owned both 05 chevy and 07 ford in the f350/3500 series truck.The ford is A tird in every way.

aB

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What'd you do to the Ford?

10. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Yeah, I am leaning much more in favor of the GMC/Chevy's due to family members that have owned them too and had good luck. Thanks for the tip though, you guys have seriously been a big help and as stupid as it may seem, I never though to post anything up on this til later on. Its good to see what you guys have had good experience with, and bad as well. I always feel like I can count on the BBS to give me solid racing lifestyle advice :)

Damian

P.S. - I have no idea what my problem is this morning but I am writing like a moron and leaving out words, bad seplilng, etc. So please excuse my improper grammar this morning.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  11. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

It is stock, so was my chevy, Got any tips on waking this thing up?

:beer:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, Edge Juice with Attitude, 4" exhaust (3.5 downtube) and get the "test" pipe to remove the cat, don't waste the cash on an intake. It's not huge power but definitely gives it some more power and shouldn't overtax everything towing.

13. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

How much louder is that than stock ? Any luck with the programmers

14. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel Well-Known Member

I have an 06 Chevy 2500HD with the Duramax / Allison. I use a Superchips Flashpaq programer , no other mods except bigger tires ( which I used the flashpaq to correct the speedo ) and I am VERY happy with it. The programmer really woke the truck up and it was already strong.

Diesel + Programmer = :D

15. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Alright you guys convinced me on the Chevy/GMC side of things. Now I will begin my search to get one at a wonderful price. A proper used vehicle will work for me in the 96-2004 year span. Keep me in mind if you guys know of one being sold or are selling one. Oh yeah, I would rather get the 2500 series because I don't see me going huge on a trailer for at least five or more years from now.

Damian

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

If you're looking at the used GMC/Chevy route, be careful and stick with the Duramax diesels. The older GM diesels weren't that good. Can't remember exactly what year the Duramax started.

17. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. And can any of you guys give me a no-shit reliability/longevity report of some kind?

Damian

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Still looking.
    I think I'm sold on the travel trailer with the separate garage vs the motorized. In talking with a lot of folks, they all seem to be in cheesy build quality when you buy under $30k. I'm just not going to use mine enough to justify another mortgage. I'm hoping for a deal 10-20k tops.

19. twinrider71

twinrider71 Well-Known Member

Are the Coachmen Adrenaline series any good, or is it junk?

20. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

OK, I looked at the Toyhauler type trailers for a long time. The outcome was a 7x14 enclosed trailer with power and AC. I didn't want the extra item (Toyhauler) to take care of, haul, or pay for based on the amount of use. We can take what I got to the track or dirt bike riding and stay cool, have power and throw a cot in it if need be. I was able to buy a smaller truck also. So far it's been a good choice for me. I will use it for the track 10-12 times and the dirt 4-6 times this year. We will continue to stay in motels most of the time and I don't have to clean the shit tank!!!