MORSE Racing Products Closing its Doors

Discussion in 'General' started by MORSE, Apr 27, 2007.

1. MORSE

MORSE Active Member

Effective immediately Morse Racing Products, Inc is closing its doors. My friends, we tried to make the best of this slower than normal season. We
    have tried everything that we could think of to keep going, but to no avail. We have to close down the shop and the business.

Over the last few months we tried a a handful of things in hopes of making
    ourselves lean enough to survive this market downturn. Unfortunately, it was not until the past few weeks that we came to the realization that there was just no way to survive any longer. I wish you all the best in the future. Know that I tell you all this with a heavy heart and great sadness. The MRA has been like a family to me over the last 6 years.

I will be keeping my molds and equipment, but no longer producing the fine line of Morse Racing Products / GP Composites bodywork. My intentions are to make some bodywork now and then, but nothing even close to being in high production. I will still manufacture and sell fairing stays, stands, and knee Pucks through MOTO-SIX Racing and Dave Gallant until further notice.

I have several obligations on the table that I will be honoring, so nobody freak out. My plan is to bow out of this with my dignity intact.

If you have concerns please feel free to e-mail me while this address is still active.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm sorry to hear that Scott. You acted very professional and accomodating in the dealings I had with you; and I had heard nothing but good things about your products in the time they've been around. It's a shame a good company has to exit the industry.

Best of luck in the future,

Eddie Kraft

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  3. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Sorry to hear about that. But you've got the skills and toolings, you can always resume if demand picks back up.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Hope to see you back soon!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  5. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Scott,

I am very dissappointed to hear that. You all have always put together a great product. I wish you the best in whatever pursuit you choose. I appreciate all the help over the years.

Marcus

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man that sucks but mad props for going out like a true man. :up:

7. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Sucks, you guys have a great product.

8. joedogR6

joedogR6 Well-Known Member

Great products, too bad that should be enough to insure a successful business

9. 418

418 Expert #59

:bow:

10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

OMG, some of the best stuff in the biz too.

Sorry to hear this, Hope something can come through for you.

11. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

My hat is off to you sir. For what it's worth, I belive you and your folks are a real class act.

12. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Very sad to hear this. Scott, youre stuff was, IMO as good as Sharkskins. I hate to hear this as im sure alot of people that have bought your product are. Ive never seen an unhappy customer using Morse bodywork. Good luck with all your future endeavors and i wish you all the best. :up:

13. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I just came across this through another thread. Scott, I'm sorry to hear about this. You and your company have always been so professional, hardworking, friendly, and have always turned out excellent products. Thank you for all you did for us - you will be missed!

14. TracksideGear

TracksideGear Faith On Wheels Fan

All the best, it has been a tight season.

15. All the best, class act for sure.

16. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

I just saw this post today. This is very sad.

Scott:
    You were by far superior to all in service and product. No kidding. It's more people like you this sport needs. It was great working with you and I wish the best for you, Mike, and all others affected by this. Maybe someday, you will be back and more will have the opportunity to witness the service and product that we have.

Keith Reed

17. jetspeedz

jetspeedz Well-Known Member

sorry to hear its a tough business

18. Randy46

Randy46 ARNCHU Racing

Sorry to hear you are shutting down the business. We at ARNCHU Racing really appreciate all you have done for us in the past!