1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

LATEST UPDATE: they are taking me to The Shepard spinal rehab center in ATL tomorrow. Gonna be there for a long time, 7-8 weeks maybe.
    Yup - I am a full on paraplegic....but its still gonna be fun parking in the handicapped spots with my blue car sticker...

You may meet my ex-mother-in-law at Shepard, I think she does some volunteer work there. She's been paraplegic for over 30yrs, lives alone (although she has plenty of family and friends) and just recently retired from teaching special ed students. Marvelous woman. Although she hated the idea of me racing, she was the 1st member of my family to come watch me race.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

:stupid:

Same here Mark from the Hackings

3. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

It's great to hear from you Mark.
    Congrtats to you and Sam.

Good luck at Shepard & keep the good thoughts.

Roger Preston

4. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Mark,
    Here's wishing you a speedy recovery and congratulations on your engagement.

Glenn

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Mark, you are an inspiration to me for your steely determination and classic British wit. Reading this thread made my day! If I can ever be of help, just let me know. :up:

6. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's good to see you smiling, excellent to see you posting. Your positive and outgoing attitude are an inspiration to us all. :bow:

Congratulations on the engagement! :clap: My girlfriend and I will try to make it down for the wedding. I've been keeping her updated on your situation.

We're actually driving to Florida tonight, so I'll be sure to wave as we're passing by ATL. ;)

Keep up the good work!! :beer:

7. Shane Hucks

Shane Hucks Active Member

Hey man, its good to see you on here posting. Keep your head up, and keep that motivation that you have going. Also, congrats. on the engagement. Take care, prayers and thoughts continually sent.:up:

8. Fassina4

Fassina4 needing some sleep

Mark, you are so awesome. I pray for you and your family every night. Stay strong brotha!

9. Smithjeb

Smithjeb Well-Known Member

Got a lot of respect for you dude...good things will come with your attitude on life.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Mark and Sam,
    If the wedding plans hold for Septemeber at Barber, I may just have to change my plans for the BIG RIDE this year from Mid-O to Barber.
    Best to the both of you!

11. AmyM

AmyM Racer Fan

Well Wishes

Hey Mark,

We have met a few times through Connie and James. I was lucky to spend time with you and Sam at Missy and Todd's house for New Years Eve a few years ago. I have been thinking of you every day - keeping you and Sam in my thoughts and prayers. Connie has kept me posted everyday!
    I told a friend of mine at work what happened, and when I came back to work Monday everyone has been asking about you. It is amazing how much people care - so many prayers and well wishes from my family, friends, and co-workers. Keep up that great sense of humor.

12. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

Well if you are going to get married, we had better start planning a bachelor party, right? Somehow we have to top Panama City....God I hope Greg can't make it, I've seen WAY too many parts of his anatomy! :beer:

13. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

Hey Mark,

Awesome news about you and Sam! Congratulations. Also good to hear about you going to Shepard in Atlanta. I hear great things happen there. I still think you will be able to walk and maybe ride again. Those Dr.'s don't "really" know what they are talking about (unless you get the one that stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night...... :) :) )

Hope to see you soon.

Scott P.

14. cehowardrc51

cehowardrc51 Well-Known Member

When you think things are bad, that is the time you count your blessing. And you got many, many, many of them!!

Wishing you and yours all the luck in the world..:up:

Coleman

15. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Congrats on the engagement! And welcome back. I am trulky amazed and in awe of your ability to look at this as a life changing event but not the end of the world. We should all gain a healthy dose of perspective from your positive outlook. :up:

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I'll be at that wedding(stand up funeral) with leathers on:beer:

17. Well I'll be...it's our very own MarkB down but not out! We have all been waiting for your first post...for me it was better then the feeling of waiting for the first race of the season to kick off! I know you know that feeling. I have to admit...I teared up reading your first post, and going thru your new scrap book of pics. They were not tears of sadness though...but of pure joy for you and your future Mrs. MarkB lol She must be one hella of a great woman, and if I ever meet her...it will be the first thing I tell her! I am so happy for you, and I look forward to loggin into the BBS each day to hear how your days are! Cheers Mate! Oh yeah...could you do us all one favor though? Leave out the pics of the piss tube will ya!:D Sure glad you didn't decide to show us those Alabama mints!:crackup:

18. gawarrior

gawarrior Well-Known Member

That would be awesome Mark!!! I will definately be there bro!

And welcome back and you are still in my prayers:up:

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Mark, we're still praying for you and glad to hear how you're doing so far. When you get back to Atlanta and are ready for visitors, we would love to come see you and bring some dinner. It'll be good to see you again.

20. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Best wishes Mark! We're continuing to pray for ya buddy! :)