Riders "BEWARE" Jenning GP

Discussion in 'General' started by Rodney Vest #310, May 7, 2007.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One other point, the stock one is perfectly legal ;)

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Gotcha. Last thing I want is for my $$$ for a race to be thrown out the window as I am black flagged for noise.

For what it is worth, people who are buying full systems for GSXRs, I am %99 sure older gen full systems will mount up, just have to fab a hanger bracket. Older gen slip ons wont, as they were "bolt ons".

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Wont fit under my race glass without it cathing on fire ;) :crackup:

Tried that, my talent (or lack therof) doesnt require more HP. I would have loved to not have spent a fwe hundred $$ on a slip on, as that is another set of tires I could have afforded.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmm, so is the problem caused by the pipe peeps or the bodywork peeps? :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's the Track owner with the sound meter fault, duh. :D

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

:confused: :moon: :crackup:

I think the problem is caused by suzuki for making a stock pipe that is 5mm from the rear wheel stock, and weighs 405lbs.... ........... but it is relatively quite.......... thus making bellypans have to be 14in longer than normal to fit around them to "hold oil" as the rules state, and prompting all the aftermarket companies to be trendy and make their pipes short too.

But the bike sure is nice other than that :clap:

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

we have a WEINER :p :crackhead:

8. YB929RR

YB929RR Are you gettin it?

I know they keep shutin me down cause everytime I come out of turn 14 and pass the pits I am yelling over a 103 db at the crowd....wooh whoo!!

9. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

10. OFFICER737

OFFICER737 Yeah, I'm S L O W!

I am headed there in July for a 2 day private track event and will see how this plays out.

11. Rodney Vest #310

Rodney Vest #310 Well-Known Member

Thank you I knew that I would learn something out of this thead. the next time the track managment tells me I am to loud I will say it is all FOR THE DECORATION THE DECORATION MAN AND THE THEY SHOULD BE UP COOKING BREAKFEST OR SOMETHING. that is funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmvjwOgVoVs

12. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

haha, man i remember the first time i saw that. nuthin like that chick almost hittin a parked car on the other side of the street and then running the stop sign all on camera.

13. Rodney Vest #310

Rodney Vest #310 Well-Known Member

I am still sitting here and laughing. That was funny as hell. She was all over the road. I am crying right now and cant go to sleep.

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

so...... I take it you guys dont think they are superstock legal ? :p

15. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

17. another gsxr 10

another gsxr 10 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm about screwed out of the gate... I was hoping to start the trackday habit there soon. I have an M4 GP (shorty) full system on my GSXR 1K, It does have an insert, but it's LOUD even with it in place. I think the simplest method to quiet them down and not be very expensive would be to grab some steel wool and put it in the pipe forward of the baffle. Not sure that it wouldn't affect power, but it would make do for quiet.

Supposedly putting some kind of rod / bolt type of thing across the exhaust is worth about 1db of noise reduction, At least I've seen a few comments along that line.

18. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

The M4 is LOUD. I had one on my 06 600. Good luck on making it quiet. I'd hate to see you go down there and pay and then hear "Son, you cant ride until you quite that pipe down". I hope the Akra is not too loud:rolleyes: I just read a post on Jenningsgp.com that this "silencing" material might start being sold at the track for people who dont know that their bikes are over 104db:up:

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If all you are doing is track days, a cheap fix is to put the stock can on for an event if noise is an issue. I doubt you will miss the few HP you might sacrifice since you won't be running for position. Flame away.

20. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

You have a point but what if he has a custom map? his stock exhaust is going to run like crap. Plus, changing "full systems" take alot of time to switch back and forth.