1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donations for MarkB

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, May 2, 2007.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

an update on the donations account. I hate to do it, but as i was told, maybe this will help those that might not be able to donate due to their paypal account being tied to a credit card, as well as making the auctions easier to get to the account, but im going to go ahead and upgrade the paypal account to accept credit card donations. The fee is small enough i guess, and maybe it will help get some funds that even tho there is a fee tied to it, it will still be more than we might have NOT have gotten.

So, all of you wishing to donate using a CC, start donating!! :)

2. ToddClark

bumpity bump. :)

3. JPWarrior

JPWarrior Well-Known Member

Todd,
    If I have funds already in my paypal account will they deduct the fees?
    New around here and recovering from a get off at Jennings myself so this hits home. I've never met the guy but know good folks who do. I'd like to offer a donation in support.

4. JPWarrior

JPWarrior Well-Known Member

Can this one be made sticky as well?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

nope

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To explain my middle of racing answer from yesterday, threads get lost if they stay stuck too long so not sticking this one will get it more attention.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What Mongo just said. With Stickys, once you get past 3 they sometimes become a jumbled mess (unless you know what you're looking for).

There is a lot going on lately and all the auction threads, prayer threads and such are important but some are getting lost.

Now back to the donations for Mark B thread and sorry for the thread jack.

9. ToddClark

go for it, dont worry about the fee's, i got'em covered. :up:

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

That's good news, since Crosley Radio offered a $500 kickstart after the endurance race, and T2 matched it :D

Pony up, Pirelli!!!

Come on folks, every dollar you give = $2 now...this is the time to pony up if ever there was such a time.

11. zico

zico Zico

donation sent :up:

12. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Todd, that is great news! Kudos to Pirelli for stepping up. :)

13. Shane Hucks

Shane Hucks Active Member

Donation sent. This is awesome guys. Im trying to sale some used gear, and everything I make off of it, I will be donating. I hope it sells this weekend. Keep up the good work, and more prayers and thoughts sent to Mark, family and friends.

14. AshTrey

AshTrey Well-Known Member

WOW very cool!!

ttt dammit!

15. ToddClark

Since i havent been able to get in touch with the mods here on the BBS or the great Mongo, i need to retract my post regarding Pirelli's matching donations. Seems the individual that told me this yesterday misunderstood the email that went out to all Pirelli employees. If i understood the nice lady with Pirelli HR this morning, Pirelli is matching all donations made by Pirelli employees, WHICH IS STILL OUTSTANDING!!!!. :up: :up: :up:

Please forgive my mistake in this, ive been trying to get that one post nuked all day and havent been able to contact the BBS gods here. Pirelli is still doing an AWESOME job with all the things they are doing for Mark. Theyre really top notch company to work for and im still amazed at the things theyve done and are still doing for Mark. (The HR lady said she is going to try and see if she can get the approval to match everyone's donations, so we can still hope. ;) )

Dont let this damper anyones willingness to donate tho, as i said earlier, there are going to be ALOT of things Mark is going to have to have done that wont be covered by insurance as well as the fact that ins. will only pay so much towards the massive med. bills he's about to encounter.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  16. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Hey, you can't blame us for trying! :)

17. grich575

grich575 Well-Known Member

18. dpullen

dpullen Member

Bump + donation sent.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not that I am particularly eager to do a little "work," but I want to say for the record that I wasn't contacted. :D

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

guess I know where I'll be donating money!!! :)

Jeff