1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50-50-1 Climb For Cancer. Help needed!

Discussion in 'General' started by 600rrpilot, May 4, 2007.

1. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Well-Known Member

Hey all....

On June 23rd 2007 a good friend and I will Be attempting to Summit the 14,411 foot Mount Rainier in Washington. My grandmother passed away Friday April 27th when she succumed to cancer. We are attempting this climb in her honor. This event is called 50-50-1...50 states, 50 peaks, 1 goal. The event as stated above takes place 6/23/07 when teams in all 50 states will attempt to climb each states highest peak. All proceeds will go towards leading edge cancer research, provide patient services, and give children with cancer the chance to attend a summer camp with other children with this diasease.

We have been asked as a team to raise $5000.00 all of which will go towards the foundation. Your must donate through our teams page not through the main page. More info can be found at www.50-50-1.com

If anyone is interested in making a donation please contact me either here or via PM. Even 5 dollars would be a huge help! Thanks!

Chris

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Can I join the team for the assault on Florida's highest peak?

3. 600rrpilot

by all means if anyone wants to join a team go for it!! Most mtns dont require any "climbing" background. Most can be hiked up relatively easy. To join any team or start your own follow the instructions on the website. Thanks! btw...im not affiliated with the foundation....just a team leader.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are doing an honorable thing. I was being a smartass.

5. 600rrpilot

lol. I kinda figured that. But figured i'd put the info out there anyway.

Thanks!

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Send me the info.

After losing some "family" recently, and participating in the "Big Climb" (69 floor stair climbing race), I will gladly help out. Send me your page address, and I will help you out.

phil
    pscook"at"att.net

7. 600rrpilot

thanks phil! Just set it up today so you may be the first!

For anyone else interested....go to
    www.50-50-1.com

Click on donate/participate.

In the first paragraph in bold you will see "click here" for a list of current teams. then look for "team rainier" on the left, then next page click on Chris Sypniewski.

Then you can donate on that page.

Thanks!

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Done! :up:

Good luck, and let us know how you did.

phil

9. 600rrpilot

Phil thank you SO much. I Will keep an updated post going on here.