1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbike Race2

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Longwalkruben

Longwalkruben Well-Known Member

Great race I just wish Bostrom was battling for the win I am tired of those damn guys up there every race.

2. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

+1 on that!!

3. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

The stunning stat on Ben is that he has finished every superbike race he has entered. i love the way Mladin has turned up the heat pressuring the kid and trying to force him into a mistake. he still hasn't made one. Wow.

Also I liked Mladin's comments after the race about knowing that if Ben got in front he wouldn't be able to stay with him.

4. jmanley

#80 Team "No Factory Support"? :rolleyes:

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

They should be moving up all season as they find more HP, hopefully. How did you make out at Nasville, Jeff??? Totally healed up? Still with the same awesome lady???
    ALSO: did you ever get a video of you and Steve's Cycle Jam get together?

mmfoor

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I read the title of this thread and thought it was about world superbikes. The finish of the second race there was unbelievable. :)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

what is the world superbikes of which you speak?

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Speaking of Matt, how about Matt Lynn getting a top ten in race 1?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was great. I thought he'd eventually get Chandler too in R2 til it went boom on him.

10. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

I saw Ben at the airport last night and told him what a great race it was to watch. He was pretty bummed about the finish. I guess being a champion has alot to do with never being satisfied. :up:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I can understand him being bummed but the calls he made not to push it too hard were very very good ones. A couple of the situations could have gone very wrong for him. Mat has nothing to lose, he knows Ben is faster so he has to ride harder and take more chances.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's the good stuff, where 4 brands and six guys have a decent shot at winning races on any given weekend.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but it's boring when I don't know anyone racing :D

14. jmanley

Yep. Amy still puts up with me. Not sure why. She was bummed that you weren't coming to Nashville.

I e-mailed eric but no word on the video.

Nashville was my first time back on the track since Atlanta (STT the weekend before and then sprints on Sunday). i was off the pace and markedly slower than the last time i was there 2 years ago. i didn't feel confident, comfortable and honestly was a bit timid. i think i turned faster laps than a couple guys that finished ahead of me but i just wasn't aggressive enough to pass them.

i had a guy about take off my leg forcing his way up the inside of me in my 2nd race. if he wanted it that bad, then he can have it. i backed off a bit the rest of the race. Also there was a fight in the paddock at the end of the day. i guess last summer rearranged some of my priorities.

Hope to see you this fall or next spring.

15. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Wait what!?! You saw BEN SPIES at the airport!?! I thought he was afraid to fly?!?!

Dripping w/ sarcasm...

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That was some of the best racing in an Superbike race I've seen in awhile. The way Mat put passes back on Ben in both races was impressive. If we can be lucky to see more of that as the season progresses - thumbs up to that.

17. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Ben is mature beyond his years for sure.
    Thanks for the correct spelling of Mat, Mongo! No offense to Matt or Mat from my previous post! Kind of like but and butt. My internal spell check said OK, but I was wrong!:D

mmfoor