1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Accessories

Discussion in 'General' started by SOFG, Apr 5, 2007.

1. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

I'm getting a new trailer and want to fit it with some stainless shelves, tire rack, tool and gear holders. Who do you buy from. I have looked at pit posse but want other options if there are any. Any advice?

2. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

3. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I'll check them out. Another question, what do you all use to attach the accessories to the trailer?

4. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

just through your stuff in the trailer and go.
    That's what I do:up:

5. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

I know, but for years I've been doing that, finally have a cool trailer and want to do it right. I'm going to get a couple of ststands, a couple helmet/leather racks, fuel can holders, and a door shelf system at least.

6. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

we've always used Pit Pal in our trailers. very nice stuff

7. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

Thanks

8. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

SOFG... We used that wire shelving that you can get at Home Depot for closets on one side of the trailer to hold the bins for the spares, grill, etc. Don custom made a counter and upper shelf at the head of the trailer. We basically bin everything and store the bins on the wire shelf or under the counter. The only thing we have left to do that we want to do is make a dresser type of thing so that we don't have to pack bags every race weekend. I'll try to get some pics and post them for you. We just found that buying pre-made stuff was too expensive and just didn't fit what we wanted.

9. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

I don't, I've been hauling in such crap for so many years, I got the trailer last night and holy shit it's cool. I may build some of the bin/shelving stuff. Do you attach to the side walls with self tapping screws? What size?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

About 1/8" shorter than the entire wall is thick :D

Try to find where the studs are in the trailer and mount to them.

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

That is what I'm going to look for at Lowes this weekend. That other stuff is nice, but way out of the price range I could justify for a casual use trailer.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I'll be the guy with 1/4 inch of screw thread poking through on the outside of my trailer.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Pull out an existing screw and ad the thickness of what your mounting for the length. Use self tappers if your fastening to the metal framing, which You should be doing. Most all the factory screws are in studs so its easy to find them. HD and LOwes has a shite selection of self tappers. I got all mine from Daytona nut & bolt. Also if your using the HD wire stuff mount it upside down so the front lip faces up so it holds your stuff on the shelf.

14. RacerGirl117

Don mounted the shelves to the metal studs/beams. He mounted one shelving unit that you can hang clothes on to the wall and a regular shelf from the ceiling. The one in the ceiling is mounted with "u" type brackets which, when open, are attached with snap hooks and, when closed, held down with bungee chords. VERY VERY simple but it does the job. We were actually thinking about adding a second unit to the other side of the trailer just to get more stuff off the floor. If you want more detailed info., shoot Don a PM at Don_728.

15. RacerGirl117

What he said.

16. RacerGirl117

Exackery. My man is the man when it comes to customizing trailers. I keep telling him he should do that for a living.

17. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

Does "casual use" mean that your going to be lounging around in your underwear watching TV in the thing? :D

Spent ~$75-$100 at HD for 12' of shelving, brackets and all the hardware.

Don

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  18. Triple Nickel

Triple Nickel Well-Known Member

Can you guys post some pics of the interiors of your trailers so the rest of us can mooch some ideas off ya? :D
    Here is a pic of the interior of mine, looking for ideas for storage etc.

Attached Files:

19. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Shiiiiiit.. I wish i coud use photoshop.

I see a disco ball, stripper pole, and a DJ booth in the far back. :up:

Maybe a little high pile shag on the wall???

Anyone else???

20. TwoRs

TwoRs Well-Known Member

Dude you have the most important part already covered!!!!! The trailer with A/C!!!:up: