Great taste(?) definately less filling......

Discussion in 'General' started by nationalchamp99, Apr 4, 2007.

1. nationalchamp99

nationalchamp99 Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Morons.

3. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

funny stuff. stupid fun, but still amusing

4. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

So can he say he doesn't drink?

5. nationalchamp99

Missed ya at Roebling. Irish car bombs were had by all.:beer:

C-ya at Barber.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everybody but me - that's just wrong.

7. nationalchamp99

We'll catch you up at Barber. :up:

8. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Irish car bombs, or the fact that you didn't get one? :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The fact that I didn't get one of course! :D

10. frackadelic

Phew, just checking.

11. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

So instead of breathing in O2 which your body needs to live, you get a lung full of CO2 and a little alcohol/water vapor. The guy is coughing because his body knows it needs oxygen dispite it's moronic ruler. Why don't you just hold your breath til you pass out for a rush? Better yet, why not go swimming with a boat anchor? Put some booze in a spritz bottle and huff that right before you jump in if you really need the liquid(sic) courage.

12. frackadelic

:stupid: I think it's the lack of oxygen that gives the rush, not the alcohol.

13. nationalchamp99

Phew. Did I touch a nerve there?:crackhead: I just love BBS people. :Pop:

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Is that really safe? I mean, I dont really think inhaling dry ice vapors is good for you, regardless of the alcohol involved.

I'd much rather drink a beer or a nice whiskey or scotch. Maybe I'm different but I like to enjoy what I drink.

15. nationalchamp99

I'm not a doctor but you are inhaling CO2 gas with the alcohol vapor. I think you'd really have to go to town on the stuff to hurt yourself because the CO2 runs out after about minute...Man, I can hear it already but...and you pass it around between a couple folks. You guys do have a point about the head rush and CO2.

I'm with you on the taste issue...mmmm Guinness...we were using some crappy vodka left over from a party and it was mostly just for the novelty but as you can see there is no mercy on the BBS.

See the second clip for a more scientific explanation of what's going on.

Choose for yourself if you'd like to try it or not...we had two paramedics and an RN there when we did it...then they did it also... Guess that's what I get for jumping off a bridge:D

16. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Not a nerve just a more explained version of what Mongo said.

I was thinking about it while running this morning. The cool air had my lungs pounding and made me think about it. Is the alcohol really in the co2 vapor? Maybe the aroma but alcohol? You can't get drunk by smelling beer can you? How do brewers keep their employees from falling out in the floor? Water boils at 100c, alcohol at 78c, co2 at -78c. It would be interesting to use a measured amount of alcohol, boil off the dry ice then measure the alcohol again. These are real questions. Chime in if you have an answer.

As far as the second video explaining it, I don't trust the "scientific" credentials of the "experts."

17. nationalchamp99

You do get a strong aroma of vodka on the first two or three hits and I too wonder about the "expert" credentials that's why I wondered about doing the test a little more scientifically...sans other alcohol.

I guess i should be out running too...judging by how I feel after 10 laps...instead of surfing the web looking for new ways to get a buzz. No hard feelings.

Stop by my pits at Barber for a cold one and we can shoot the $hit. Novic...er "Expert" 88 on the turkey pan special. http://www.photoshooters.exposuremanager.com/p/50_994/088-18132511a15

Cheers :beer: Mark

18. frackadelic

A brewsky or a hit on the alcohol vapor bong? :D

19. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

20. nationalchamp99

I think we'd better stick to Guinness...:beer: