1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lap Timer Group Buy

Discussion in 'General' started by SUPAFASTR6, May 30, 2002.

1. sailor22

sailor22 Active Member

I'm in too....

I want one of the lap timers too. Let me know how to pay - who to contact. Is it possible to get one in the next three weeks?

If someone would contact me I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your efforts

Steve Leukanech

2. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

contact info?

I have checked on their website for a phone # and all they have is a fax #. I am faxing them with the info of this deal for my order.

Jerry

3. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

I would like a new timer at that price. Please include me in your deal.

4. SUPAFASTR6

SUPAFASTR6 Well-Known Member

OK

I THINK IM GOIN TO ORDER 10 OF THEM AND JUST C.O.D THEM TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS, AS SOON AS I HERE BACK FROM THEM

5. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

count me in

6. 250guy

250guy Well-Known Member

Count me in or is it to late

7. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

how about you do this, call the guy and tell him that you have a LOT of people who are interested in this deal, and they are all going to call seperate and that he can just call this a "WERA Discount", so when people call, all they have to do is say they are with WERA and they get the price.... it leaves a lot more opportunity that just 10 people and it would give him a lot more sales than 10, it's a win-win situation on both sides...

8. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I like very much the idea or a WERA discount. I just hope they don't pull the rug on this nice little 10+ person deal as a result.
    Seeing it from their side, WERA riders must cover about most of their potential US customers - who else but motorcycle racers uses these things anyway. The phone operator will have to refer it to their supervisor etc and it'll all get called off.

I say just make this 10 person deal work (count me in), and then lets all make a quick getaway before they call the cops.

9. ZebProctor

Notice he said "10 or more guys"... everyone is talking like they will only sell 10 at that price, hell 100 people could get that "group" discount.....

10. SUPAFASTR6

TIMERS

IM WAITING TO GET THEM, IM GOING TRY TO ORDER 20, BUT THEY DONT WANT TO SELL ME MORE THEN 10, WE WIL HAVE TO SEE, WHEN I GET THEM NEXT WEEK, I WILL REPOST AND SEND THEM OUT

11. ZebProctor

Re: TIMERS

Why would they offer a "group discount" and only want to sell 10? Doesn't a group imply a certain minimum number on up?

12. tnoble269

tnoble269 New Member

Lap timer group purchase

I'd like to get in on this. What do I do to get on the list?

13. SUPAFASTR6

TIMERS

THEY TELL ME THEY CAN ONLY HANDLE 10 AT A TIME RITE NOW BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GIVE THE DEALERS A CHANCE, HE IS SENDING ME 10 , IN 1 WEEK HE SAYS ANOTHER 10, WHEN I HAVE THEM IN HAND , I WILL POST

14. Super_Dave_344

Super_Dave_344 Well-Known Member

Well dont forget i was one of the original 10 and i have my money ready and i need it ASAP!!! Id love to have it by wed. june 12th for my track day @ MID-OHIO.You can COD it or i can send you the money with PAY PAL or whatever i just want one as soon as we can get them. Thanks

15. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

I've been selling a competing brand of timers mostly to willow springs moto racers for over a year. Motorcycle, car, and c/kart folks use timers.

I was pretty excited about these new timers until I found out their wholesale prices are very close to their retail prices. This means that a) there's not much money to be made on them and b) there's no discount to pass on to customers. Kind of a pity, as I was real excited about their coolio display and extra functions. I typically sell the competing brand of timers with an admittedly more mundane display for less than the 10 price from these nice folks.

I'm not trying to spam here, just pointing out a few thoughts. FWIW, you're not supposed to be looking at timers when on the track. :D There are plenty of folks selling "competing brand" timers on the Net at great prices if a person was keen to find a bargain.

i'll go back to my hole now...
    =) Chris