1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 Brake pad question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mollydog, Mar 23, 2007.

1. mollydog

mollydog Well-Known Member

I'm new to the SV650 (race only), and need to know what brand pads are the best brake pads for the front. What are most of you using? Part number? Who has the best prices?
    Thanks, Rich

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

we use ebc HH pads from tucker rocky [most dealers] for street and track--no complaints

3. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Vesrah RJL's

Buy them from Trackside Racer Supply when you get your Pirelli's:up: :D

4. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

I realy like Galfer pads on my SV. I have picked up some 1375 compound pads for as little as $20 a caliper. At less than $35 a caliper they are not a bad price either. Remeber the RH and LH side are different :)

Part numbers are....
    Left: FD179G1375
    Right: FD174G1375

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

ebc's if you want warpage and brake drag, vesrah rjl's if you just want kick ass stoppin' brake pads. :D

i use vesrah.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Vesrahs if you want warpage and brake drag. EBC HH's if you want kick ass stoppin' brake pads. :D
    I use EBC's.

Basically any aftermarket race compund brake pad will work for you, they are all better than stock and won't feel like you are stopping with a piece if cardboard. :up:

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

umm, OK! ;)

8. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

If you use EBC get the "kit pad" which has a "g" prefix instead of the street HH pads. They cost twice as much and are worth it.

9. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

get the EBCs first, then get some Vesrahs.. you will stay with the Vesrahs

10. mollydog

mollydog Well-Known Member