1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miniature Pinscher

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Lady at work is going to take one to the pound on Friday if I can't find him a home. :( Her daughter is going through a divorce and doesn't want the dog. Mom has been taking care of it, but she doesn't want to.

Anyway, he is 8 months old and crate trained for the day. He doesn't like the crate at night. He is brown in color and at the most will weigh 15 lbs.

Anyone know someone who could take him? I would like to foster him until I find him a home, but I don't think that can happen. :(

2. Omegaman

Omegaman All hondas all the time!

What part of the country??

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Georgia. Work is 15 minutes north of Atlanta....home is 30 minutes north of Atlanta.

4. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Man, I hate seeing dogs go to the pound, and I would take him, but I've got 2 big dogs already, and one does NOT like other dogs (other than the lab that he's already accepted). Not to mention a 4-month old son that has been keeping us really busy as of late as well. Good luck finding him a home. I know most rescue sites don't like to take direct calls, but maybe you could try that route as well. One other thing, if you're willing to commit the time:

I had an in-law relative of an in-law relative that abondoned a beautiful lab pup mix when they sold their house, and we went and picked him up. We didn't have the space for him, but I couldn't let anything happen to such a great dog. I called the rescue place where we got both of ours, and I asked her if I could come to adoption days with him for a couple of Saturdays and I would volunteer and help her out, as well as give her the adoption fees for him if I could bring him along and offer him up. She was more than happy to do it, as it was helping out an animal, and not putting extra strain on her to foster another dog. The only catch was that I had to get all of his shots n' stuff. She put me in contact with her vet, and told the vet it was a rescue, so we got his special rates, and I think we only spent $60-70 total. Well, I gave him a bath the night before, and put a cool bandana around his neck, and he lasted all of 3 hours at PetSmart before someone took him home. The lady who ran the org offered to reimburse me for the shots, but I told her to keep it as a donation. Anyways, sorry for the long-winded response, but I hope you're able to find him a good home!

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Post a photo of the little doggie. I send it to my wife who has a vast network of animal lovers.

Anyone ever ship a dog?

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm trying to get one.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Some of these folks might help:

http://www.spotsociety.org/atl_shelter_list.htm

Miniature Pinscher
    J IMPS (Internet Miniature Pinscher Service), Lynn Bryant - 404-425-2920, e-mail: [email protected], Web: www.minpinrescue.org

J John Stevens - 404-525-1163, e-mail: [email protected], Web: www.minpinrescue.org

J Atlanta Pet Rescue & Adoption (takes mixes) - 404-815-6680, e-mail: [email protected], Web: www.atlantapetrescue.org

J Forgotten Paws (takes mixes) - 770-517-8399, e-mail: [email protected], Web: www.forgottenpaws.com

J Small Dog Rescue and Humane Society (to adopt only) - 404-705-PAWS (7297). e-mail: [email protected], Web: www.petorphans.com and www.smalldoghumane.org

I'd definitely check with the ones that say 'takes mixes' first... some breed specific rescue groups get really picky. I wish the lil guy was in the Dallas area... my wife wants one!

8. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i believe you can ship a dog, if it is kenneled right (hard kennel)

9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

dogs - thats one thing that really ticks me off about SoCal. i see dogs ALL THE TIME, roaming the strrets, or dead. int he middle of intersections on busy 7 lane roads, to on the meridian of the interstate. people out here show a total lack of care for pets. even my students say things like "my dad didnt want him anymore so we let him go" - meaning they put him outside and that was it. or they move and cant take the pet, so they simply leave it on its own outside. i see dead dogs much much to often. just yesterday i stopped in a busy intersection to try to get a dog that was in the middle of it. no one else stopped, cars zooming right by him.

10. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Man I hate seeing stuff like that. The dog we rescued was in a fenced in kennel in the backyard of a house where they had already moved from, and they had drank all of their water, and it was a hot Georgia August weekend. Luckily we found out about him the night they moved, so we got him the next morning. They didn't know we had taken him until after they came back for some more stuff a few DAYS later. That stuff really makes me want to teach people a lesson.

11. auminer

We found a lady that'll take her, but she's in Phoenix. The only pre-requisite is that he has to be heartworm negative.

Don't panic about the distance... we do this kinda thing all the time.

Please PM me with contact info if you're interested.

With this being such a small (VERY DESIRABLE) dog, though, I really wouldn't think you'd have much trouble getting a rescue closer to home to take him in.

BUT.... if you want to go with this, PM me and we'll get the ball rolling.

I'd be glad to help.

12. Sunny

Sunny Banned

I'll take him if someone can bring him to Detroit area.

13. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

they can ship him to you! all you do is pay a very small fee and he arrives in a crate at the airport. Both my dogs were shipped by their breeder

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I think we found a local person to take him. I will know for sure tomorrow.

I'm so thankful for all of you who have stepped up to help out with this. I will definitely be in touch if the local hookup doesn't work. :)

15. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Shipping a relatively young dog can be very stressful and dramatizing (he's alone in the pressurized cabin below). I rather have a racer who's going down there for a race/trackday pick him up for me.

16. auminer

Awesome.... If that one doesn't work, I found another person in Rome, GA that will at least take him & re-home him. (I kinda thought 'The Phoenix Solution' was a bit extreme)

http://www.rihadin.com/

[email protected]

I got her contact info from:
    http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/caninetransportnetwork/

... which is a GREAT resource if you ever need to transport a rescue dog long distances.

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I heart the BBS. :up:

18. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Awesome people here for sure!

19. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your efforts to help out this dog. :beer:

20. auminer

Apparently this little guy's in jeopardy again...

Paigebert: The contact is

Ginger Cleary, [email protected] // Rome GA 30161

I'm pretty sure this is the right phone # for her: (it's the only listing for a 'Cleary' in Rome)

Virginia Cleary
    (706) 291-9287 | Rome, GA 30161

Hope this helps... keep us posted.